Fringe Season 1 (R1/US BD) in September
Warner Home Video have announced the US DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of Fringe Season 1 on 8th September 2009. From J.J. Abrams, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, Fringe revolves around three unlikely colleagues – a beautiful, young and determined FBI agent (Anna Torv), a brilliant but off-the-wall scientist (John Noble), and his sardonic, roguish son (Joshua Jackson) – who team up to investigate a series of peculiar deaths and disasters known as “The Pattern.” The trio suspects that someone is using the world as a laboratory. And many of the clues lead them to Massive Dynamic, a shadowy global corporation that may be more powerful than any nation.
Featuring a collectible lenticular slipcase, extras on the 7-Disc DVD ($59.98 SRP) and 5-Disc Blu-ray ($79.98 SRP) collections are outlined below…
DVD Special Features include:
- Evolution: The Genesis of Fringe featurette - The creators of the show discuss how the series unfolded and the qualities that make it so unique
- Behind the Real Science of Fringe featurette - From teleportation to re-animation, Fringe incorporates recent discoveries in science. Consulting experts and scientists who are the authorities in their field address the areas of science which are the inspiration for the show.
- A Massive Undertaking: The Making of Fringe (on select episodes) - An in-depth exploration of how select episodes came to be made: from the frozen far reaches of shooting the pilot in Toronto, to the weekly challenges of bringing episodes to air
- The Casting of Fringe- The story, as told by producers and cast, of how Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, John Noble and others came to be cast in the series.
- Fringe Visual Effects featurette - Goes deep into the creation of the shared dream state with some of the biggest VFX shots of the show.
- Dissected Files: Unaired Scenes
- Unusual Side Effects: Gag Reel
- Deciphering the Scene
- Roberto Orci Production Diary
- Gene the Cow montage
- Three Full-Length Commentaries from writers/producers, including J.J. Abrams, Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtman, J.R. Orci, David Goodman, Bryan Burk, Akiva Goldsman and Jeff Pinkner
Additional Blu-Ray Bonus Features:
- Fringe Pattern Analysis - Take a closer look at 6 select scenes from Season 1 with experts who dissect each scene with notes, photos, and diagrams.
- BD-Live enabled features include Media Center, My Commentary, and commentary on Season 1 finale episode.
AV specs (subject to change):
DVD – 7 Discs
English DD5.1; Portuguese DD2.0 Stereo
French, Portuguese, Spanish & Thai subtitles
Blu-ray – 5 Discs
English DD5.1; French, Spanish, German & Japanese DD2.0 Stereo
Dutch, Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish & Finnish subtitles