French Cancan (BFI) in November
The BFI have announced the UK Dual Format Edition release of Jean Renoir's French Cancan on 7th November 2011.
French Cancan is loosely based on the founding of the world famous Parisian cabaret club, the Moulin Rouge. This Technicolor tour-de-force, set in the Paris of the belle époque, brings to ravishing, dazzling life the world of Jean Renoir’s father, Pierre Auguste, and other Impressionists such as Degas, Toulouse-Lautrec and Manet, in one of the great films about the complex relationship between life and the theatre.
- Presented in both High Definition and Standard Definition
- Brand new restoration
- Disc 1: BD50 / 1080p / 24fps / PCM mono audio (48k/24-bit)
- Disc 2: DVD9 / PAL / Dolby Digital mono audio (320kbps)
- The show must go on! The joys of life by Jean Renoir (2010, 57 mins): documentary on the making of French Cancan
- French Cancan restored (2010, 5 mins): a look at the technical work which went into the restoration
- 18-page illustrated booklet with essays, notes and credits
The Blu-ray Disc is Region B coded.