Fox bring you NYPD Blue Season 2 this October
Fox Home Entertainment have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of NYPD Blue Season 2 for 6th October 2003 with a retail price of £44.99. All 22 episodes from season two of this hard-hitting police drama will be spread across six discs alongside a range of bonus features including audio commentaries, script to screen comparisons, featurettes and more. The full line-up of features is like so...
- 1.33:1 Full Screen
- English DD4.0 Surround
- English SDH and French subtitles
- Audio Commentary for "Cop Suey" by Director Mark Tinker
- Audio Commentary for "Simone Says" by David Milch
- Audio Commentary for "Vishy-Vashy Vinny" by Director Michael Robin
- Audio Commentary for "Bombs Away" by Technical Advisor Bill Clark
- Audio Commentary for "Boxer Rebellion" by Technical Advisor Bill Clark
- Audio Commentary for "A.D.A. Sipowicz" by Director Mark Tinker
- All-new 57-minute "Season 2: A Season of Change" documentary with never-before-seen footage
- All-new Wedding Bell Blues (7:29) and The Music of Mike Post (7:20) featurettes
- Script-to-screen comparisons:
- Sipowicz Meets Simone (2:11)
- Sylvia Meets Simone (1:20)
- Simone and Sipowicz Bond (4:52)
From the PR:
NYPD BLUE SEASON 2, praised with six Emmy Awards from a record-breaking 26 nominations and more than 20 other awards and honours, contains the episodes from 1994-1995 chronicling the gritty true-to-life cases of 15th Precinct, devoted keepers of the peace in New York who don’t play by the usual rules.
Dennis Franz continues his Award-winning role as Detective Andy Sipowicz, a tough-as-nails cop whose battle with alcoholism is a striking parallel to the crime war he fights daily as a member of the police force. Returning only for the first four episodes, Season 2 sees the shocking departure of Sipowicz’s partner Detective John Kelly, played by actor David Caruso. However, Sipowicz isn’t on his own for long as a new member to the team is introduced, Detective Bobby Simone played by Jimmy Smits. Special appearances by Salma Hayek and Giovanni Ribisi also feature in this series.
A strong supporting cast including Sherry Stringfield and Amy Brenneman also return in NYPD BLUE SEASON 2, along with some original Season One cast members whose roles grow further this series. James McDaniel as Lt. Arthur Fancy - the tightly-wound, by-the-book precinct commander, Nicholas Turturro as James Martinez - the young, newly-promoted detective who looks to John Kelly for guidance and Sharon Lawrence the tough-but-fair Assistant District Attorney Sylvia Costas all emerge as more complex characters in Season 2. A further significant relationship develops between Detective Greg Medavoy (Gordon Clapp) - a ‘good detective’ who is going through some personal problems, and civilian employee Donna Abandando (Gail O'Grady) - the voluptuous and caring precinct secretary to whom there is more than meets the eye…
Now in its 10th season on television, NYPD BLUE SEASON 2 cemented the series in popular culture on both sides of the Atlantic, continuing to break television boundaries. Its controversial storylines, hard-edged action and mix of humour, emotion and toughness give viewers a reality bite of the streets of New York. SEASON 2 on DVD is a must-own for all NYPD BLUE fans.