Final Destination 3 (R2) in July
Entertainment in Video have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of Final Destination 3 (Thrill Ride Edition) for 24th July 2006 priced at £19.99. When a vivid premonition of a fatal roller coaster crash becomes reality, Wendy (Mary Elizabeth Winstead; Sky High, the upcoming Bobby) and Kevin (Ryan Merriman; The Ring Two, The Deep End of the Ocean) narrowly escape a horrifying death. Their nightmare is not over, however, as they soon realize that death cannot be cheated.
Directed by James Wong, who helmed the first film in the series, Final Destination 3 will be available in a two-disc, “Thrill Ride Edition.” The DVD allows viewers to watch the original, theatrical version of the film as presented in theatres, or exercise the “choose-their-fate” option which offers all-new, alternate sequences and dozens of possible viewing combinations. The DVD set also includes director and writer commentary, a behind-the-scenes documentary and more.
Released the same day as the R1 features appear identical and include:
- Dolby Digital 5.1 EX, DTS 6.1 ES and Stereo Surround 2.0
- English subtitles
- “Choose-Their-Fate” Interactive feature (Disc 1)
- Feature commentary by director and co-writer James Wong, co-writer Glen Morgan and director of photography Robert Mclachlan (Disc 1)
- “It’s All Around You” animated short: a look at death statistics (Disc 2)
- “Dead Teenager Movie” featurette: a look at the teen horror genre (Disc 2)
- “Kill Shot: The Making of Final Destination 3" documentary (Disc 2)
- “Planned Accidents” featurette (Disc 2)
- “Police Station” deleted scene (Disc 2)
- Theatrical trailer (Disc 2)