Deliverance R2 Deluxe Edition in September
Warner Home Video have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of Deliverance (35th Anniversary Deluxe Edition) on 17th September 2007 priced at £12.99. The story of four Atlanta "weekend warriors" who set off in canoes down a dangerous Georgia river and discover a wilderness of terror has been remastered and amplified with remarkable new extras including retrospective featurettes and director commentary.
Directed by John Boorman in 1972 and adapted by James Dickey from his novel, Deliverance was nominated for three Academy Awards® including Best Picture and Best Director.
Burt Reynolds, Jon Voight, Ned Beatty and Ronny Cox star as the four friends whose canoeing weekend turns into a horrifying test of survival.
- 2.40:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
- English DD5.1 Surround
- Commentary by John Boorman: Director Boorman takes a journey down the river and discusses the adventures, the team, the controversy and what it took to make Deliverance a classic film.
- Deliverance: The Beginning: Take a historical look at the novel and its adaptation to the screen.
- Deliverance: The Journey: From the early stages of filming to the creation of classic moments, such as the Dueling Banjos scene.
- Deliverance: Betraying the River: The making of one of the most controversial and ground-breaking sequences in film history.
- Deliverance: Delivered: A reflective look back on the completion of the film, its impact and how the idea for the shocking ending came to be.
- The Dangerous World of Deliverance: The original behind-the-scenes documentary on the difficult conditions and challenges of making this film
- Theatrical Trailer