Blow Out in May
From the press release...
Arrow Video is pleased to confirm the highly anticipated UK Blu-ray & Blu-ray Steelbook release of Brian De Palma’s 1981 classic BLOW OUT on May 27th.
The UK Blu-ray premiere of BLOW OUT features a newly restored digital transfer of the film, a process which was supervised and approved by De Palma himself.
The super-deluxe package, which is available both as a standard Blu-ray and as a limited edition Blu-ray steelbook, is LOADED with special features and bonus material. Highlights include a selection of newly created video interviews with starlet Nancy Allen, producer George Litto, cinematographer Vilmos Zsigmond and composer Pino Donaggio, original theatrical trailer, photo gallery and a stunning 40-page collector’s booklet. The booklet features an exclusive and revealing conversation between Quentin Tarantino and Brian De Palma, one of his all-time favourite directors and biggest influences, as well as new writing on the film by critic Michael Atkinson, illustrated with archive movie stills and promotional material.
Keeping with what is a now a fan-favoured tradition of Arrow Video restorations, BLOW OUT will come complete with a reversible sleeve, featuring the original 1981 artwork and a stunning new illustration.
BLOW OUT is also a film about the filmmaking process itself: soundman Terry is originally hired to work on the low-budget slasher film Coed Frenzy, and later puts his technical skills to more serious use as he attempts to reconstruct a political assassination on film, in a way that will stand up in court.
A full list of the special features included on the deluxe Blu-ray edition of BLOW OUT is as follows:
• New, restored digital transfer, supervised and approved by Brian De Palma.
• Original uncompressed 2.0 Stereo PCM audio.
• Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
• Black and White in Colour: An Interview with cinematographer Vilmos Zsigmond.
• Rag Doll Memories: Nancy Allen on BLOW OUT.
• Return to Philadelphia: An interview with Producer George Litto.
• Multi-tracking BLOW OUT – An Interview with composer Pino Donaggio about his work with director Brian De Palma.
• A gallery of on-set photos by photographer Louis Goldman.
• Original Theatrical Trailer.
• Collector’s booklet – featuring new writing on the film by Michael Atkinson, and a discussion between Brian De Palma and Quentin Tarantino, illustrated with original archive stills and promotional material.
• Standard Amaray Blu-ray edition features both original and newly commissioned reversible artwork.