BBC November schedule
The BBC have kindly sent through their UK Region 2 DVD release schedule for November 2003...
3rd November 2003:
Red Dwarf: Series 3 (£19.99) - We covered this one a while back so head over here to see the full specs.
Fawlty Towers: Collector's Edition (£37.99) - This new collector's edition features the readily available 3-disc set in all new packaging that features a limited edition Corgi model of Basil's Red Austin 1300. The model comes complete with a hand-painted figure of Basil, armed with a branch and about to attack (as featured in the popular Gourmet Night episode).
Manchester United - Play Like Champions: Official Training Video (£19.99) - Introduced and linked by Sir Alex Ferguson and Academy Coach Rene Meulensteen, Play Like Champions offers fans, and aspiring football players alike, the chance to see inspirational key skills coaching sessions featuring a range of the club's best players including Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Roy Keane, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and more.
The DVD features a golden boot of extras with thirty minutes of extra footage, including two additional skills outtakes, biographies, a photo gallery, history of Man Utd and a link to the official Man Utd website.
10th November 2003:
I'm Alan Partridge: Series 2 (£19.99) - After a couple of years of being clinically fed-up, Alan has bounced back. He's got the third best slot on Radio Norwich, and a 33 year-old girlfriend called Sonja. Includes all six episodes alongside the following bonus features:
- 'Anglian Lives' documentary with Alan
- 'Unused Alan' deleted scenes
- Cast and production commentary
- 'Add On Alan' 10 minutes additional material
- 'Alan Aid' highlights from the 1991 and 2001 Comic Relief shows
- 'Audio Alan' jingles gallery
- 'Still Alan' photo gallery
17th November 2003:
Only Fools & Horses: Strangers on the Shore (£17.99) - The second part of the final trilogy, Strangers on the Shore sees Del and Rodney on a trip to France to attend Uncle Albert's military reunion, and returning with more duty free than they'd bargained for!
Paul & Pauline Calf's Cheese And Ham Sandwich (£15.99) - Live on stage at the Neptune theatre in Liverpool, mullet-haired, student baiting boozer Paul Calf returns with his "dead sophisticated" sister Pauline "I've had him" Calf to fill us in with what's been happening since their last outing in 1995.
This new DVD features the live show 'Paul & Pauline Calf's Cheese And Ham Sandwich', a never before seen specially filmed documentary 'Making A Cheese & Ham Sandwich' plus all of Paul and Pauline's live appearances on Saturday Zoo.
Sunday 23rd November 2003 will be the 40th Anniversary of Doctor Who, the longest running science fiction series in the world. To mark this milestone, BBC Worldwide are releasing a very special DVD on Monday 24th November...
Doctor Who: The Three Doctors (£19.99) - Written to celebrate Doctor Who's 10th anniversary, this four-part story starring the first three Doctors (William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton and Jon Pertwee) is the perfect story to release in the week of the 40th anniversary.
Omega, the creator of time travel technology is trapped in a black hole. He wants to escape and destroy the universe. Even with his two earlier selves helping him, can the Doctor defeat this powerful enemy?
Special edition added value packaging will also feature a CORGI model of the Doctors car 'Bessie'.
Special features include:
- Commentary by Katy Manning, Barry Letts and Nicholas Courtney
- Pebble Mill at One - Interviews with Patrick Troughton and Robert Wilkie from Christmas 1972
- Blue Peter - Jon Pertwee and the Whomobile in studio, plus a look back at the first ten years of Doctor Who
- BSB Highlights - Excerpts from the BSB '31 Who' weekend, including the trail for The Three Doctors, interviews with Jon Pertwee, Nicholas Courtney, script editor Terence Dicks and writers Bob Baker and Dave Martin
- TARDIS-cam no.5 - The fifth of BBCi's new TARDIS features. This is a CGI sequence featuring the TARDIS traversing a pod of space whales
- 'Five Faces of Doctor Who' trailer - BBC2 trailer for the 1981 repeat season, in which The Three Doctors was repeated
- BBC1 Trailer - An off-air audio recording of the original 1972 BBC1 trailer combined with re-mastered pictures
- PanoptiCon '93 - Jon Pertwee, Katy Manning and Nicholas Courtney on stage at the 30th anniversary PanoptiCon convention in 1993
Also released on 24th November 2003 are:
The Fast Show: The Farewell Tour (£15.99) - After three acclaimed TV series and tons of sell-out performances, the Fast Show team took their final bow, live on stage in November 2002.
Paul Whitehouse, Charlie Higson, Simon Day, Mark Williams and Arabella Weir treated fans to all their favourite characters and catchphrases. All the old favourites were back with some of the most well known and much loved sketches, together with brand new routines.
Between sketches there's the chance to witness never before seen footage...a behind the scenes look at the tour entitled "The Limp Was My Idea" - footage recorded whilst on tour including backstage costume changes and banter on the tour bus. This 45 minute DVD extra includes a filmed commentary by Paul Whitehouse, Charlie Higson and Simon Day.