Basket Case Trilogy in October
Second Sight have announced the UK DVD and Blu-ray release of Basket Case - The Trilogy on 22 October 2012. Frank Henenlotter's cult classic is joined by its sequels for this collection which is available in Limited Edition 3-Disc Blu-ray Steelbook and Special Edition DVD versions. Both sets feature newly commissioned bonus material produced by bonus feature specialists Severin Films.
Those extras include:
- WHAT'S IN THE BASKET? - A look at the making of the trilogy with director Frank Henenlotter; actors Kevin VanHentenryck, Beverly Bonner, Annie Ross; producers Edgar Ievans and James Glickenbaus; make-up effects artists John Caglione Jr, Kevin Haney, Gabe Bartalos and writer Uncle Bob Martin
- AN INTERVIEW WITH GRAHAM HUMPHREYS - A look at the career of the legendary film poster artist.
Additional bonus features for the original film include:
- Video Introduction by Frank Henenlotter
- Audio Commentary by director Frank Henenlotter, producer Edgar Ievins and actress Beverly Bonner
- Outtakes/Behind The Scenes
- 2001 Video Short - The Hotel Broslin
- Trailers/ Radio Spots
- Photo Gallery: Behind-the-scenes, promotional material, stills
Check out Second Sight's Facebook page for updates on the release, including videos and news on this and the other cult titles they recently announced they are working on. One nugget of info they recently revealed is that the Blu-ray Steelbook is "going to be 100% artwork with all text and tech details on a removable J Card wrap. The back will feature the original Graham Humphreys Basketcase artwork."