Argento's The Bird With The Crystal Plumage 4k restoration released in June
Dario Argento’s superb directorial debut, The Bird With the Crystal Plumage, is due to be release June 19 in a gorgeous, brand new 4K restoration from the camera negative in its original 2.35:1 aspect ratio, produced by Arrow Video exclusively for this release. Fans of Argento and Italian cinema can now see the film that reshaped the screen incarnation of the giallo in all its terrible beauty, as it was originally intended.
- Brand new 4K restoration of the film from the camera negative in its original 2.35:1 aspect ratio, produced by Arrow Video exclusively for this release
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
- Original mono Italian and English soundtracks (lossless on the Blu-ray Disc)
- English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
- New audio commentary by Troy Howarth, author of So Deadly, So Perverse: 50 Years of Italian Giallo Films
- The Power of Perception, a new visual essay on the cinema of Dario Argento by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, author of Devil’s Advocates: Suspiria and Rape-Revenge Films: A Critical Study
- New analysis of the film by critic Kat Ellinger
- New interview with writer/director Dario Argento
- New interview with actor Gildo Di Marco (Garullo the pimp)
- Reversible sleeve featuring original & newly commissioned artwork by Candice Tripp
- Limited edition 60-page booklet illustrated by Matthew Griffin, featuring an appreciation of the film by Michael Mackenzie, and new writing by Howard Hughes and Jack Seabrook
We haven't got our hands on the new 4k trailer just yet but in the meantime, for those who want to check it out for the first time or if you want to take a trip down memory lane, you can see one of the trailers here.