Across the Universe (R1) in February - Artwork added
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Across the Universe on 5th February 2008 priced at $28.96 SRP. From director Julie Taymor (Broadway musical The Lion King), Across the Universe is a colourful, psychedelic love story starring Evan Rachel Wood and Jim Sturgess, with appearances by Bono, Joe Cocker and Eddie Izzard.
A love story set in the 1960s, against the turbulent backdrop of anti-war protests, mind exploration and rock 'n roll, Across the Universe moves from the dockyards of Liverpool to the creative psychedelia of Greenwich Village, from the riot-torn streets of Detroit to the killing fields of Vietnam. The star-crossed lovers, Jude (Jim Sturgess) and Lucy (Evan Rachel Wood) along with a small group of friends and musicians are swept up in the emerging anti-war and counterculture movements, with “Dr. Robert” (Bono) and “Mr. Kite” (Eddie Izzard) as their guides. As forces beyond their control tear the young lovers apart, Jude and Lucy ultimately strive against all odds to find their own way back to each other.
A two-disc set, features include:
- 2.40:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
- English, Portuguese and Spanish DD5.1 Surround
- English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Thai and Portuguese subtitles
- Eight extended musical performances
- Deleted Scene: “And I Love Her” – with Dana Fuchs and Martin Luther McCoy
- Commentary from director Taymor and composer Elliot Goldenthal
- “Creating the Universe” – cast and crew discuss the making of the film
- “Stars of Tomorrow” – an inside look at the cast of rising stars
- “All About the Music” – an inside look at the film’s unforgettable music
- “FX on the Universe” – exploring the film’s visual effects with VFX supervisor Kyle Cooper
- “Moving Across the Universe” – a featurette on the choreography including an interview with choreographer Daniel Ezralow
- DVD exclusive photo gallery with over 100 images