24: Redemption (R1) in November - Artwork added
Fox Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of 24: Redemption on 25th November 2008 priced at $26.98 SRP. The first new material from “24” producers in over a year-and-a-half, this feature-length special bridges the gap between Seasons 6 and 7. Following the events of Season 6, Redemption catches up with Bauer four years later on the African continent where he has sought solace in missionary work. As the action unfolds on the day of the U.S. Presidential Inauguration, he finds himself in the midst of a bloody uprising in the small fictitious African nation of Sangala where a ruthless dictator is drafting innocent children as soldiers in his army. As the vicious warlord descends on an orphanage in search of recruits, Jack enters into a one-man crusade at the behest of a friend to rescue the children and get them to safety.
Filmed on-location in South Africa and Los Angeles, 24: Redemption stars Sutherland along with new series cast members Cherry Jones, Robert Carlyle, Gil Bellows, Tony Todd and Jon Voight as the malevolent defense contractor Jonas Hodges.
- 1.78:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
- English DD5.1 Surround
- French and Spanish subtitles
- Extended Edition “Creator’s Cut” featuring over ten minutes of never-before-seen footage (not shown in the television broadcast version)
- Behind-the-scenes “Making Of” documentary
- Children of War featurette
- Cast / Crew Commentary (names to be confirmed)
- “24” Season 6 in Four Minutes featurette
- Season 7 Sneak Peek – First 16 minutes of the premiere episode
The broadcast version will premiere on the Fox network in North America on Sunday 23rd November.