2046 French 2-Disc LE in May
TF1 Vidéo and Océan Films have announced the French Region 2 DVD release of 2046: Limited 2-Disc Collector's Edition for 26th May 2005. Wong Kar-Wai's long awaited follow-up to In The Mood For Love is set in late 60s Hong Kong and stars a wealth of talent from Hong Kong, China and Japan including Tony Leung, Zhang Ziyi, Faye Wong, Gong Li, Takuya Kimura and Carina Lau with a special guest appearance by Maggie Cheung.
It's not often we report on French DVD releases, especially when they're lacking English subtitles and debut just days after the UK DVD release, but we thought this deserved a mention if only for the luxurious two-disc set that will appeal to French speakers and Limited Edition enthusiasts.
Once again for those not paying attention, there are no English subtitles...
Disc One: Main Feature
- 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
- Original Language (Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese) DD5.1 & DTS 5.1 Surround
- French DD5.1 Surround
- French subtitles
- Music based Scene Selection with comments on the music
- Trailers for 2046 and In the Mood for Love
Disc Two: Extra Features
- Making of (37min)
- 8 New Scenes including an alternate ending (20min)
- Discussions with Wong Kar Wai, Tony Leung and Zhang Ziyi (17mins)
- Cannes Legends: Documentary on the presentation of the film at the festival (27min)
- Wong Kar Wai: Portrait in 20'46 - Comments on film by three film critics: Michel Ciment (Positif), Jean-Michel Frodon (Cahiers du cinéma) and Pascal Merigeau (Le Nouvel Observateur) with extracts of Our wild Years, In the Mood for Love and 2046
- 2046: Design - Stages of the design and the realisation of the futuristic city in synthesized images (5 min)
- Trailers: Promo-reels, Trailers, Teasers and Final Trailer recall the evolution of the film from 2002 to 2004 (16 min)
- Music: Presentation by Wong Kar Wai, list of the pieces, biographies of the musicians, and new video clip on l’air de Casta Diva, by Wong Kar Wai (8 min)
- Gallery of Poster Art: From Hong Kong, Japan and France
- Gallery of Photographs: Scenes from the film (via a different point of view) along with the discovery of completely new scenes
- In front of and behind the camera: Artistic card, Chart, biofilmographies
- Numerology: the direction of all the numbers and dates evoked in film
- Ocean Film Catalogue and Asian film trailers
- DVD-ROM: Press Kit, Screensaver, Internet Links
- Easter Egg
- 12 page handbook for the use of the passengers in departure for 2046...