We’ve known for ages that Back to the Future was coming to 4K Blu-ray this year to mark the film’s 35th Anniversary – and we also knew the date although it hadn’t been officially confirmed. Now it has!
The new release will be simultaneous with DVD and Blu-ray releases of the 35th Anniversary boxset on 19th October. Check out the boxset below.
Not only does this release contain everything that has been previously released on DVD and Blu-ray, it also includes an hour of new features:
- The Hollywood Museum Goes Back To The Future
- Back To The Future: The Musical – Behind The Scenes
- An Alternate Future: Lost Audition Tapes
- Could You Survive The Movies? Back To The Future
Also included are:
- Tales From The Future: 6-Part Documentary
- The Physics of Back To The Future
- Deleted Scenes
- Michael J. Fox Q&A
- 8 Archival Featurettes
- Behind The Scenes Footage
- Music Videos
- Audio Commentaries
- Back To The Future: The Ride
- Doc Brown Saves The World! (Short Film)
- OUTATIME: Restoring the DeLorean
In addition to this release, there will be a Zavvi-exclusive steelbook which is already appearing as Out of Stock – so whether there’ll be a chance to order now is up in the air. The steelbook will be available for £74.99 whereas the standard release will retail at £49.99.
It’s the end, but the moment has been prepared for…
Continue the conversation over on The Digital Fix Forum