Optimum brings you Francis Ford Coppola’s iconic war movie on Blu-ray in June…
Optimum have announced the UK Blu-ray Disc release of Apocalypse Now on 13th June 2011. Directed and co-penned by Francis Ford Coppola , this iconic film about the hell of war stars Marlon Brando, Martin Sheen, Dennis Hopper, Robert Duvall, Harrison Ford and Laurence Fishburne.
Following an extensive restoration, Apocalypse Now is presented on Blu-ray as a 3-Disc Full Disclosure Edition. The set will include Apocalypse Now and Apocalypse Now Redux with more than nine hours of bonus material including new interviews with on-screen and behind-the-scenes talent, as well as the acclaimed making-of feature documentary Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker’s Apocalypse. In addition, the set features a 24-page collectible booklet including an introductory letter written by Coppola with personal accounts about the making of the film.
The Collector’s edition also features extracts of the original screenplay with handwritten notes by the director, original drawings of the film’s storyboard, never-seen-before photos and memos sent to the cast and crew during shooting, and also the 1979 original theatrical program.
The Full Disclosure Edition will be packaged in a keepsake case featuring archival poster images designed by Japanese artist Eiko Ishioka. And finally the set also contains 5 exclusive postcards including behind-the-scenes photographs taken by famed American photographer, Mary Ellen Mark.
Also, the films will be presented in their original theatrical aspect ratios (2.35:1) (previous home releases were in 2.00:1).
Features are outlined below…
- Apocalypse Now feature
- Apocalypse Now Redux feature
- 1080P 2.35:1 Widescreen
- English 5.1 DTS-HD MA & English 2.0 DTS Surround
- English subtitles
- Audio commentary by Francis Ford Coppola
- Subtitles: Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Japanese
- Interview with John Milius (49 mins)
- Interview with Fred Roos (casting Apocalypse) (12 mins)
- A Conversation with Martin Sheen and Francis Ford Coppola (60 mins)
- The Mercury Theatre on Air: Hearts of Darkness Nov 6 1938 (37 mins)
- The Hollow Men (17 mins)
- Monkey Sampan “Lost Scene” (3 mins)
- Additional Scenes (27 mins)
- Kurtz Compound Destruction with credits (6 mins)
- The Birth of 5.1 sound (6 mins)
- Ghost Helicopter Flyover (4 mins)
- Apocalypse Now: The Synthesizer Soundtrack by Bob Moog (still images)
- A Milion Feet of Film: The Editing of Apocalypse Now (18 mins)
- The Music of Apocalypse Now (15 mins)
- The Sound Design of Apocalypse Now (15 mins)
- The Final Mix (3 mins)
- Apocalypse Then & Now (4 mins)
- 2001 Cannes Film Festival: Francis Ford Coppola (39 mins)
- PBR Streetgang (4 mins)
- The Colour Palette of Apocalypse Now (4 mins)
- Disc credits
- Hearts of Darkness feature
- 1080P 1.33:1
- English & German 2.0 DTS-HD MA
- English HOH, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch & Japanese subtitles
- Audio commentary by Francis and Eleanor Coppola
- Subtitled in Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch & Japanese
- John Milius script excerpt with Francis Ford Coppola notes
- Storyboard Collection
- Photo Archive: unit photography, Mary Ellen Mark photography
- Marketing Archive: original trailer, radio spots, theatrical program, lobby card and press kit, photos
The discs are Region B locked.
The restored print will received a limited theatrical run beginning May 27th.
Click to Enlarge to Full Size.
It’s the end, but the moment has been prepared for…
Continue the conversation over on The Digital Fix Forum