George A. Romero and Stephen King's The Dark Half is coming to dual format DVD/Blu-ray in October
Eureka have announced the dual-format DVD & Blu-ray release of The Dark Half. The George A. Romero film is based on the acclaimed Stephen King novel and will be available to buy from 14th October.
Horror writer Thad Beaumont (Hutton) hopes to distance himself from his murder novels and from George Stark, the pseudonymous name he has used to author them. To achieve this, he cooks up a murder of his own: a publicity stunt that should lay Stark to rest forever. But when the people around him are found gruesomely slain – and his own fingerprints dot the crime scenes – Beaumont is dumbfounded until he learns that Stark has taken on a life of his own…and begun a gruesome quest for vengeance!
- Audio commentary with Writer/Director George A. Romero
- George A. Romero episode of Son of the Incredibly Strange Film Show [38 mins] - documentary on the director originally aired on UK television in 1989
- The Sparrows Are Flying Again! The Making of ‘The Dark Half’ [36mins] – Retrospective with George A. Romero, special make-up effects creators Everett Burrell and John Vulich, visual effects supervisor Kevin Kutchaver, actor Robert Joy, editor Pasquale Buba and more!
- Deleted Scenes
- A selection of Behind-the-scenes and archival video material
- Original Storyboards
- TV spot
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Reversible sleeve
- Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
- Limited Edition Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Simon Ward