Eureka announce a Masters of Cinema release for Hal Ashby's Coming Home
Eureka have announced that Hal Ashby's compelling and emotional tale of love and loss, Coming Home is set to join their Masters of Cinema range on 15th July.
When Marine Captain Bob Hyde (Bruce Dern) leaves for Vietnam, his wife Sally (Fonda) volunteers at a local hospital. There she meets Luke Martin (Voight), a former sergeant whose war injury has left him a paraplegic. Embittered with rage and filled with frustration, Luke finds new hope and confidence through his growing intimacy with Sally. The relationship transforms Sally’s feelings about life, love and the horrors of war. And when, wounded and disillusioned, Sally’s husband returns home, all three must grapple with the full impact of a brutal, distant war that has changed their lives forever.
The Blu-ray edition will feature a pristine 1080p transfer alongside:
- Brand new and exclusive audio commentary by author Scott Harrison
- Feature-length commentary with actors Jon Voight, Bruce Dern, and cinematographer Haskell Wexler
- Coming Back Home [25 mins] – archival featurette
- Man Out of Time [15 mins] – archival featurette
- A collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by author Scott Harrison and critic Glenn Kenny