24 Hour Party People to get the DVD and Blu-ray Special Edition treatment in June
The unbelievable true story of one man, one movement, the music and madness that was… Manchester. Turn up the volume and enjoy the cult party classic on Blu-ray for the first time on 3rd June with a euphoric 4.5 hours of bonus material.
An exhilarating portrait of the 80’s music scene, 24 Hour Party People is viewed through the drug-glazed eyes of Tony Wilson: founder of one of the most important recording companies in history, Factory Records.
Signing up bands such as Stone Roses, Happy Mondays and Joy Division, Wilson famously went broke doling out artistic freedom, refusing to tie artists down with contracts, and reveling in the birth of rave culture in his commercially doomed, world-famous Hacienda nightclub.
A revelatory and unexpectedly inspiring true story of sex, drugs and rock’n’roll, 24 Hour Party people is a blackly comic tale with a fantastic soundtrack and a certified must-own for music fans worldwide.
- Audio commentary with Tony Wilson
- Audio commentary with Steve Coogan and producer Andrew Eaton
- ‘Unknown Pleasures ‘– 24 deleted scenes
- ‘Pills ‘N’ Thrills and Bellyaches’ – 11 interviews with people involved in the Factory Records/Hacienda scene, including Tony Wilson, members of The Happy Mondays and DJ Arthur Baker
- ‘From The Factory Floor’ - Commentary from former Factory collaborators including Peter Hook, Rowetta and Martin Moscrop
- Profile of director Michael Winterbottom
- Audio interview with Peter Saville, the co-founder and graphic designer for Factory Records
Starring Steve Coogan (I’m Alan Partridge) and featuring a brilliant supporting cast including Simon Pegg (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead), Peter Kay (Phoenix Nights), Rob Brydon (Gavin and Stacey), John Simm (Human Traffic, Life on Mars), John Thomson (The Fast Show), Ralf Little (The Royle Family) and Shirley Henderson (Trainspotting).