My Neighbour Totoro is getting a stunning 30th anniversary release
Studio Ghibli's beautiful classic, My Neighbour Totoro, is to get a collector's edition release to mark the film's 30th anniversary.
While their mother recovers from an illness, Satsuki and her little sister Mei (voiced in English by Dakota Fanning and Elle Fanning) get away from it all in an idyllic rural retreat. Far from the bustle of the city, they discover a mysterious place of spirits and magic, and the friendship of the Totoro woodland creatures. Conceived as a family film devoid of conflict and suffused with the joy of country living, My Neighbour Totoro is a masterpiece for the whole family. It unites the unique vision of Hayao Miyazaki with a feel-good tale of childlike wonder and true originality. A universal classic for all generations, My Neighbour Totoro shows Japanese animation’s famous Studio Ghibli at its very best and is an elegy to two ever-fading miracles: the fairy-tale world of childhood and the disappearing countryside.
Check out this amazing package...
In addition to the Blu-ray the special edition will include:
- 176-page hardback The Art Of My Neighbour Totoro book
- 16’ x 24’ poster featuring original Japanese theatrical artwork
- A premium heavy cotton tote bag
- Magnetic sticker set
- Hardback My Neighbour Totoro Notebook
Features on the disc include:
- Creating My Neighbour Totoro Featurette
- Creating the Characters Featurette
- The Totoro Experience Producer's Perspective: Creating Ghibli
- The Locations of Totoro
- Scoring Miyazaki
- Behind the Microphone Featurette
- Textless Opening & Closing Credits
- Original Japanese Theatrical Trailer
- Studio Ghibli Trailers Reel
My Neighbour Totoro 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition is due for release on 19th November and is available to pre-order exclusively from Amazon right now