Bringing Down the House in August
Buena Vista Home Entertainment
have announced the Region 1 DVD release of the Steve Martin and Queen Latifah comedy Bringing Down the House for August 5th 2003. For the retail price of $29.99 you will find the following features on the disc...
- Anamorphic Widescreen and Full Frame transfers of the film
- English and French DD5.1 Audio tracks
- “Da’ commentary” with director Adam Shankman, writer Jason Filardi, and Queen Latifah
- “Breakin’ Down Bringing Down The House” behind the scenes look at the making of the movie
- “Godfather of Hop” featurette – Queen Latifah, Steve Martin, director Adam Shankman and others offer a funny tribute to actor Eugene Levy
- Deleted scenes
- Gag reel
- Queen Latifah music video “Better Than The Rest”
Here is the synopsis taken from the press release and a look at the cover art...
Synopsis: In BRINGING DOWN THE HOUSE, Steve Martin plays uptight attorney Peter Sanderson, who upon meeting a dream-girl attorney online, invites her to his house – where she turns out to be the outrageous Charlene (Queen Latifah), an escaped convict who hilariously spins Peter’s life out of control. Juggling his estranged wife (Jean Smart), his best client (Joan Plowright) and his sanity, Peter helps Charlene prove her innocence while she helps him re-discover life outside of attorney-hood. Eugene Levy plays Howie, Peter’s best friend, who finds himself curiously attracted to Peter’s unwanted houseguest.