Fox announce Daredevil R2 Uncut and available before the R1 release
Fox Home Entertainment
have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of Daredevil for July 14th 2003 with a retail price of £19.99. This 2-disc set will offer the film UNCUT and is available 2-weeks prior to the Region 1 equivalent, full details on one of the biggest R2 releases this summer are as follows...
- 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen presentation
- English DD5.1 and DTS audio
- English and English HOH subtitles
- Audio commentary from Director Mark Steven Johnson and Producer Gary Foster
- Pop up Text commentary
- Enhanced viewing mode featuring branched scenes and 8 multi-angle ‘Behind the Scenes’ segments
- Beyond Hell’s Kitchen: Making Of Daredevil documentary
- The Men Without Fear: The Art Of Daredevil documentary
- Shadow World featurette
- Featured Villain: The Kingpin featurette
- Daredevil HBO 1st Look Special
- Moving Through Space – A Day With Tom Sullivan featurette
- Jennifer Garner Screen Test
- Easter Egg: Gag Reel
- Stills Gallery
- Modelling Sheet
- Daredevil Theatrical Teaser
- Theatrical Trailer ‘A’
- Theatrical Trailer ‘B’
- Music Video: Fuel ‘Won’t Back Down’
- Music Video: The Calling ‘For You’
- Music Video: Evanescence ‘Bring Me To Life’
Here is a look at the DVD artwork and the promotional text from the Press Release...
Unmask the characters and reveal the secrets behind the making of Daredevil with a cutting edge DVD that overloads your senses with a stunning array of value added material over two discs. Disc One includes Director Mark Steven Johnson’s commentary and an enhanced viewing mode that leads to multi-angle segments and deleted scenes. The second disc includes the must-see hour long ‘Beyond Hell’s Kitchen: Making-Of’ documentary, two further documentaries, three featurettes, HBO Special, a Jennifer Garner screen test, music videos, an Easter Egg and much more!
Academy Award® winner Ben Affleck (The Sum Of All Fears, Changing Lanes) stars as blind Hell’s Kitchen lawyer Matt Murdock. After losing his sight in a freak accident during childhood, his remaining senses function with superhuman sharpness. With the memory of seeing his prizefighter father killed at young age, Murdock has decided to fight against crime day and night, inside and outside the law.
He dwells in a world of eternal darkness but his blackness is filled with sounds and scents, tastes and textures that most cannot perceive. By day, Murdock represents downtrodden citizens; At night he is DAREDEVIL, a masked defender of good wandering the dark streets of the city, a relentless avenger of justice, swooping through the air and bouncing off the walls of his playground, the streets of New York.
A chance meeting in a coffee shop brings the beautiful Elektra Natchios (Garner, Alias) into Murdock’s life. He senses her beauty and perseveres to find out more about her in a bid to win her heart. Elektra too has a double identity. Her martial arts skills are put to good use as she too takes to the streets at night on her quest to rid the city of evil.
Murdock’s nemesis is the powerful gang-lord Kingpin (Clarke Duncan, Planet of the Apes, The Scorpion King) who, with the help of hired assassin Bullseye (Farrell, Minority Report, Phone Booth), aims to unmask the mysterious hero. This indestructible team intend to destroy DAREDEVIL and anybody else who gets in their way…