ER: The Complete First Season this August
Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of ER:The Complete First Season for August 26th 2003. The four-disc set is priced at $59.98 SRP and features all 25 episodes from the first season, including the 90-minute pilot, all presented in their original Full Screen aspect ratio with English DD2.0 Stereo sound. Furthermore this set is packed with extra features created exclusively for the DVD release...
- "Personal Notes" from series creator and best-selling author Michael Crichton
- Two new documentaries produced exclusively for the DVD:
- One concentrates on the pilot episode with interviews from Steven Spielberg and executive producers Michael Crichton and John Wells
- The second highlights the entire first season, including interviews with the amazing ensemble cast of Anthony Edwards, George Clooney, Sherry Stringfield, Noah Wyle and Julianna Margulies
- “The First Year Intern Handbook,” an interactive feature containing complete character profiles 45 “patient” histories of the various guest stars that have appeared on ER and a medical terminology glossary.
- Two commentary tracks on the pilot episode from Crichton and Wells and another from pilot director Rod Holcomb and key production crew.
- Featurettes about the medical consultants and writers who created the show’s trademark realism and a second about the series’ post-production process.
- Key production crew and director commentaries on the powerful “Love’s Labor Lost” episode directed by Mimi Leder and “Sleepless in Chicago,” directed by Christopher Chulack.
- Outtakes and unreleased scenes.
- Hidden bonus materials
Here is a look at the Box Artwork for you...
From the Press Release:
ER is one of the most honored and most watched dramas in television history. After nine seasons ER is still going strong with more than 24 million viewers tuning in each week.
With 104 Emmy nominations, more than any other drama series, ER has won 20 Emmy Awards and has been honored with two prestigious Peabody Awards, the Humanitas Prize, as well as numerous awards from the People’s Choice (10 wins), SAG (8 wins), Viewers For Quality Television (6 wins) and others.
“After 200 shows ER remains one of the highest rated series on television and is another example of WHV’s initiative to bring great television programs to DVD,” said Mike Saksa, WHV senior vice president of U.S. marketing. “We are thrilled to have received an extraordinary level of involvement from the filmmakers and cast, resulting in this highly collectable and widely anticipated ER season one release.”
During its first season, ER quickly became a staple of watercooler conversations, with such heart-rending episodes as "Love's Labors Lost," and instantly had viewers hooked on the lives, loves and losses of the staff of Chicago’s fictional County General hospital. In addition, the series launched the careers of Anthony Edwards, George Clooney, Sherry Stringfield, Noah Wyle, Julianna Margulies and Eriq La Salle.
Equally impressive were the show's sterling cast of guest stars, which included the late Rosemary Clooney, Bradley Whitford (The West Wing), Rick Rossovich (Roxanne), Ving Rhames (Mission: Impossible I & II), CCH Pounder (Postcards From The Edge), William H.
Macy (Fargo), Ming-Na Wen (The Joy Luck Club), Gloria Reuben (Timecop), Bobcat Goldthwait (Disney's Hercules), Robert Carradine (The Lizzie McGuire Movie), Michael Ironside (Top Gun), Valerie Perrine (Superman) and Quentin Tarrantino, who also directed an episode.