Catch Me If You Can this July
Dreamworks have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of Steven Spielberg's Catch Me If You Can for 28th July 2003 with a retail price of £19.99. This two-disc set looks to mimic the Region 1 edition right down to the inclusion of that all important DTS audio track, while the bonus features are a series of specially created featurettes that chronicle the films 56-day production and combine to make a documentary that runs over an hour long.
- Anamorphic Widescreen transfer
- English DTS, DD5.1 and DD2.0 Surround audio tracks
- French DD5.1 Audio
- English, French and Spanish subtitles
- Catch Me If You Can: Behind The Camera (17:05mins)
- This insightful featurette chronicles what happens when Oscar winning director Spielberg rolls the camera. All-new interviews with cast and crew capture the essence of Spielberg's infectious storytelling style and the talent's unique and inventive acting techniques
- Catch Me If You Can: The Casting Of The Film (28:33mins)
- This program provides an illuminating look at the film's talent and the rich characters they portray, including interviews with DiCaprio (Frank W. Abagnale, Jr.) and Hanks (Carl Hanratty), as well as the film's supporting cast including Christopher Walken in his Oscar nominated performance, (Frank Abagnale, Sr.), Nathalie Baye (Paula Abagnale), Martin Sheen (Roger Strong), Amy Adams (Brenda Strong), and Jennifer Garner (Cheryl Ann)
- Scoring Catch Me If You Can (5:22mins)
- Honoured with an Oscar nomination for Best Original Score, legendary composer John Williams joins forces with Spielberg for their 20th filmmaking collaboration. Detailing how the film's progressive jazz score was a departure in style, Williams discusses his inspiration for creating the sleek retro theme that perfectly sets the mood of the story and its era.
- Frank Abagnale: Between Reality And Fiction (15:07mins)
- An in-depth look at the real Frank W. Abagnale, Jr. that chronicles how he-as a runaway teenager, without so much as a high school diploma-managed to pass himself off as an airline pilot, a doctor, a lawyer, and a college professor, all while cashing millions of dollars in fraudulent cheques.
- The FBI Perspective (7:03mins)
- The film's FBI consultant gives an insider's view into the trials and tribulations of tracking bank fraud, forgeries, check kiting and elusive "paperhangers."
- Catch Me If You Can: In Closing (4:56mins)
- As the production comes to a close, this program features the talent recounting their roles and unique experiences on the set, plus behind-the-scenes footage of the last scenes shot.
- Photo Gallery
Last updated: 01/05/2018 20:00:14