Star Wars updates - Rogue One plot hints and a directors shortlist for Anthology 2
A couple of interesting snippets of Star Wars news have appeared over the weekend. The first features some hints as to what to expect from Star Wars: Rogue One, Gareth Edwards' non-core Star Wars Anthology film. We've already seen a tiny teaser thanks to the grainy cam footage from the Anaheim 'Celebration' but now we've got some more concrete details courtesy of JoBlo...
- Definitely set during the "Dark Time" of the Empire (between Episodes III and IV)
- Being coined as "darker and grittier" than any other Star Wars film to date
- The film seems to be aiming to be much like an old school war film; Think Hamburger Hill meets Star Wars
- All the Jedi are said to be in hiding; expect this story to leave them in the background
- Stormtroopers have same armor as they do in the original films (i.e. episodes IV - VI)
- Lots of alien life forms, Mon Calamari among them
- New droids and aliens will be introduced. Kind of a no-brainer, but just so you know it's not just a bunch of rebels
- AT-ATs, X-Wings, Y-Wings, AT-STs are said to be present
- Implied that some of the film will take place on Yavin-4; a lot of armies in the jungle and various battlefield locations
- Looks like a new droid will be part of the band of rebels attempting to steal the Death Star plans
- Felicity Jones is seen dressed as a rebel soldier ready for battle; expect her to get her hands dirty in this one
The second nugget for you is the news that Star Wars Anthology II is getting closer to finding a director to replace the recently departed Josh Trank. The shortlist now allegedly includes Michelle McClaren, Matthew Vaughn and Jon Favreau. Any of these would be amazing choices for the film, but we know Vaughn is currently working on Kingsman 2 so that might preclude his involvement.
Last updated: 30/05/2018 19:39:24