Star Wars: Origins
More on Star Wars
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi coming to Blu-ray, 4K Blu-ray and Digital Download in April
- Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars films!
- Watch the first full trailer for Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Check out the teaser for the Solo: A Star Wars Story trailer
- A date for the Solo: A Star Wars Story trailer seems to have been set
In a meeting with investors, Disney's Chief Financial Officer, Jay Rasulo confirmed that three spin-off Star Wars films released in 2016, 2018 and 2020 are to be origin stories. Current reports suggest the first of which will give us a chance to see Han Solo's early years - hopefully giving us a chance to witness him completing the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs. The other two films are widely expected to feature back stories for both Boba Fett and Yoda.
As we well know these won't be the first Star Wars and also they're not the first live-action spin-offs (the flaky post-Jedi Ewok films take that dubious crown). But let's hope that Disney are able to give us what Lucas failed to deliver...
Last updated: 26/02/2018 16:37:19