Hammer's The Mummy in October
Hammer and Icon Film Distribution have announced the UK Blu-ray and DVD release of THE MUMMY. From the press release…
Starring Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee in their iconic roles in this the third of Hammer’s original Gothic classics, THE MUMMY (1959) was directed by the legendary Terence Fisher who previously helmed Dracula and The Curse of Frankenstein.
One by one the archaeologists who discover the 4,000-year-old tomb of Princess Ananka are brutally murdered. Kharis (Lee), high priest in Egypt 40 centuries ago, has been brought to life by the power of the ancient gods and his sole purpose is to destroy those responsible for the desecration of the sacred tomb. But Isobel Banning (Furneaux), wife of one of the explorers (Cushing), resembles the beautiful princess, forcing the speechless and tormented monster to defy commands and abduct Isobel to an unknown fate...
Available 14th October in the UK on 3-disc Double Play, the pack comprises 1 x Blu-ray and 2 x DVD, the release also includes brand new documentaries, a new expert commentary track from Marcus Hearn and Jonathan Rigby, and multiple bonus extras as follows...
DVD DISC 1
• Original UK theatrical aspect ratio: 1.66:1 (the film has never before been released at this aspect ratio)
• Alternate “full frame” aspect ratio: 1.37:1
• (Both features have English HOH subtitles )
• Commentary – New expert commentary from Marcus Hearn & Jonathan Rigby.
DVD DISC 2
• Unwrapping the Mummy: The Making of a Hammer Classic -- New documentary about the film’s creation and history
• The Hammer Rep Company -- New documentary about Hammer’s informal repertory company of actors.
• Stolen Face – bonus feature (Terence Fisher’s 1952 crime drama, 72 mins.)
• The House Of Horror: Memories of Bray – Hammer’s all-new documentary (45 mins.) which will premiere on Hammer’s YouTube channel before the Double Play release.
• Hammer Stars: Peter Cushing – The World Of Hammer episode
• HD Archive/Stills Gallery
• Original industry promo reel restored to HD (6 mins.)
• PDF booklet by Hammer archivist Robert J. E. Simpson
The Blu-ray edition will incorporate all of the above.
Last updated: 06/08/2018 21:35:40