The Last American Virgin in September
Arrow Video have announced the UK dual-format release of THE LAST AMERICAN VIRGIN for September 23rd, 2013. From the press release...
Gary, Rick and David are American teens with one thing on their mind. They move from party to party, trying out their latest chat-up lines, which usually ends in miserable failure for Gary, as he's more interested in finding true romance than a quick fumble in someone's parents' bedroom. So when Karen arrives at their school, Gary falls head over heels in love, but Rick's baser intentions towards her threaten to break up their friendship for good.
Championed by Eli Roth (Hostel) as one of the most underrated films of its era, The Last American Virgin is a raucous but also surprisingly intelligent and sobering look at the hideousness of growing up, peer pressures, misplaced expectations and unforeseen consequences.
It's also a superb snapshot of the early Eighties music scene, with the soundtrack featuring Blondie, Devo, KC and the Sunshine Band, The Police, U2 and many others.
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the film, available in the UK for the first time!
- Original uncompressed PCM Stereo soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- The First American Remake – A new interview with director Boaz Davidson
- Memories of a Pizza Boy – A new interview with star Lawrence Monoson
- Babe of the Eighties – A new interview with star Diane Franklin
- In Praise of Smaller Movies – An interview with cinematographer Adam Greenberg
- Original Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by The Red Dress
- Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by author and publisher Robin Bougie and an interview with The Last American Virgin super fan Eli Roth conducted by Calum Waddell, illustrated with original archive stills and posters
Last updated: 31/05/2018 01:01:34