Deranged in August
Arrow Video have announced the worldwide Blu-ray premiere of Alan Ormsby and Jeff Gillen’s cult-horror classic DERANGED on Monday August 19th.
Restored and fully uncut for the first time ever, anywhere in the world, horror fans will finally be able to bear witness to the movie’s infamous ‘brain-scooping scene’ in all its glory! Originally released as part of MGM’s “Midnite Movies” DVD collection, this release marks the first time DERANGED will be available on Blu-ray.
In keeping with the high standards Arrow’s fanbase has come to expect, the deluxe dual-format edition of DERANGED will come loaded with special features and bonus material, including exclusive featurettes, interviews, behind-the-scenes images, trailers, collector’s booklet and reversible sleeve artwork.
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the unrated version, featuring the infamous ‘brain-scooping scene’, available uncut in the UK for the first time!
• Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Audio commentary with special effects artist Tom Savini
• Introduction to the film by Savini
• A Blossoming Brilliance: Scott Spiegel (Intruder, Evil Dead II) speaks about Deranged star Roberts Blossom and the lasting legacy of this gore-soaked gem
• Ed Gein: From Murder to Movies - Laurence R. Harvey (The Human Centipide II) discusses the lurid legacy of the Wisconsin serial killer and the secrets of portraying a cinematic psychopath
• The Wages of Sin – Making of featurette comprising newly transferred 16mm production footage plus an archive interview with director Jeff Gillen
• Original Trailer
• Stills gallery
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Nat Marsh
• Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Stephen Thrower, author of Nightmare USA, and an archive interview with producer Bob Clark by Calum Waddell, illustrated with original archive stills and posters
Last updated: 18/04/2018 05:29:30