Simon Killer in August
From the press release…
Eureka Entertainment have announced that they will be releasing SIMON KILLER as part of their Masters of Cinema Series. The acclaimed second feature by Antonio Campos, starring rising indie-star and director Brady Corbet, of Lars von Trier's Melancholia and Olivier Assayas's upcoming Sils Maria, and Mati Diop of Claire Denis's 35 Shots of Rum, will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on 26 August 2013.
A deeply disturbing character study of a handsome and sociopathic American in Paris, writer-director Antonio Campos's Simon Killer hones further the psychological perceptiveness and keen filmmaking craft exhibited in Campos's acclaimed feature debut Afterschool.
Corbet plays Simon, a recent college graduate full of promise and potential, who goes to Paris to begin a trip around Europe following a break-up with a long-time girlfriend. An outsider adrift upon a profound sense of loss, Simon takes solace in the company of Victoria (Diop), a beautiful, young, and mysterious prostitute — and their fateful journey begins...
Emotionally compelling and visually stunning, Simon Killer is an examination of casual brutality, profane sexuality, alienation, and desperation, all cut to a killer soundtrack that underscores the borderline psychotic fervour of Simon's descent. The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present the UK debut of Antonio Campos's powerful, hypnotic, and remarkably assured Simon Killer on Blu-ray and DVD.
DIRECTOR APPROVED SPECIAL BLU-RAY AND DVD EDITIONS
• 1080p Blu-ray presentation (progressive presentation on the DVD) of the film in its original 2.40:1 aspect ratio
• Behind-the-scenes and rehearsal footage from the production of the film
• Sundance Alumni interview with Antonio Campos and producers Sean Durkin and Josh Mond
• The Last 15 - Campos’s Palme d’Or nominated short film
• The Case of the Conscious Camera - A 29-minute interview with Campos on the aesthetics of Simon Killer
• Conversations with Moms - an interview with Campos, Brady Corbet, and their mothers
• Original theatrical trailer
• Optional English subtitles (SDH also available)
• Booklet featuring a new and exclusive essay by critic Karina Longworth; a new interview with Antonio Campos; a visual primer on the development of the poster art; and more!