Knightriders in April
Arrow Video has announced the UK DVD & Worldwide Blu-ray debuts for George A. Romero’s landmark non-horror offering Knightriders on Monday 22nd April 2013.
Specially restored by Arrow’s acclaimed team of experts, the deluxe editions of Knightriders include both DVD and Blu-ray copies of the film along with a host of special features and collector’s items.
Made immediately after the zombie classic Dawn of the Dead, Knightriders is both quite clearly the work of the same director (there are lots of familiar faces from his other films) as well as a marked change of tone. There’s still plenty of mind-melting action, but rather than flesh-eating maniacs, its medieval jousters riding modern-day motorcycles who get to have all the fun!
Starring up-and-coming actor Ed Harris in his first ever leading role (Harris who would go on to become a major Hollywood star, nominated for Academy Awards and Golden Globes for his roles in Apollo 13 and The Truman Show), Knightriders depicts a troupe of travelling medieval entertainers, led by Harris, trying to live their lives according to the ideals of King Arthur – no easy feat in Reagan’s America, where the outside world and its financial realities constantly encroach on their dreams.
With a memorably eccentric cast of characters (including make-up effects genius Tom Savini in a major role, and a cameo from novelist Stephen King) and a complex, nuanced script, Knightriders is Romero’s warmest and most personal film to date.
A real must-have collector’s item, the deluxe edition of Knightriders includes the following bonus material and special features:
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations.
- Uncompressed original Mono 2.0 PCM audio.
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Audio commentary with George Romero, Tom Savini, John Amplas and Christine Romero.
- ‘The Genesis of a Legend’ – Star Ed Harris remembers his first leading role.
- ‘A Date with Destiny’ – Co-star Tom Savini reflects on the film.
- ‘Medieval Maiden’ – Interview with actress Patricia Tallman.
- Theatrical Trailer.
- TV Spots.
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Nat Marsh.
- Collector’s booklet featuring brand new writing on the film by author and critic Brad Stevens, an archival interview with Romero, and a new interview with composer Donald Rubinstein, illustrated with original archive stills and posters.
Last updated: 06/08/2018 23:19:18