Brave in November
Disney have announced the UK DVD and Blu-ray release of Brave on 26 November 2012. Pixar's latest is set in the ancient and magical Highlands of Scotland and follows the heroic journey of the headstrong, young adventurer Merida. Determined to carve her own path in life, Merida confronts tradition and defies age-old custom that inadvertently unleashes chaos, and forces her to discover the true meaning of bravery.
Extras are outlined below...
- “The Legend of Mor’du” Short – This rousing new bonus short film is exclusive to the Brave Blu-ray and DVD release and will give fans the chance to delve deeper into the legend behind Mor’du, as told by the eccentric witch who transformed him.
- “La Luna” Theatrical Short – Fans will love this charming short that accompanied the film in cinemas. It follows a young boy on his first night working the family business alongside his father and grandfather. **also available in 3D on the Blu-ray 3D set
- Brave Old World – Fans will watch as members of the “Brave” production team investigate Scotland, exploring its land, culture, people and dialects. The research they gathered was brought thrillingly to life in the film. Also, fans will hear what actress Emma Thompson (voice of Queen Elinor) thinks of Pixar’s take on her homeland.
- Merida & Elinor – With the creation of Merida and Elinor, the Pixar filmmakers delved deep into the relationship between mother and daughter. Highlighting contrasts in character design, clothing, animation, voicing, even hairstyle, watch how the filmmakers explored this most important of relationships.
- Bears – Take a look inside the art and design behind the bears in “Brave.” Each of the bears, gentle Mum-Bear and terrifying Mor’du, demanded a different approach to creating their physical appearance and personality.
- Brawl in the Hall – A fascinating and hilarious inside look at the process of creating “Brave’s” fighting Scots, through animation, crowd simulation and fight choreography – not to mention a room full of grunting men whose vocal chortles added authenticity to the raucous scene.
- Wonder Moss – Fans will explore how “Brave’s” technical artists examined the real Scottish countryside and studied the laws of nature, then turned these findings into computer codes that would blanket Merida’s Scotland in lush moss, lichen and bracken.
- Magic –The magic and mystery of Scotland is revealed to fans in this charming feature about the legends – from mystical potions to the will-o’-the-wisps – seen in “Brave.”
- Clan Pixar – At Pixar, getting into character is a team effort. From making Haggis to Kilt Fridays to celebrating the Scottish poet Robert Burns, fans will see how the “Brave” production crew truly embraced Scottish themes and customs fueled the Pixar crew throughout the creation of “Brave.”
- Once Upon A Scene – A closer look at the evolution of the storylines throughout the production of the film, including alternative openings to the film and many deleted scenes.
- Extended Scenes
- Director Commentary
- “The Legend of Mor’du” Short
- “La Luna” Theatrical Short
- Director Commentary
Last updated: 07/08/2018 00:33:40