The Hunger Games (UK) in September
Lionsgate have announced the UK DVD and Blu-ray release of The Hunger Games on 3 September 2012. Based on the novel by writer Suzanne Collins and directed by Gary Ross (Seabiscuit), the film stars Jennifer Lawrence (Winter's Bone) and is the first in a planned trilogy of adaptations.
Extras on the 2-Disc DVD and 2-Disc Blu-ray sets include:
- “The World is Watching: Making of The Hunger Games” – an eight-part documentary covering the “making of” the film in all aspects from the pre-production process all the way through the theatrical release and fan reactions
- “Game Maker: Suzanne Collins and The Hunger Games Phenomenon” featurette
- “Letters from the Rose Garden” featurette – insights from Donald Sutherland on the development of his role as President Snow
- “Controlling the Games” featurette – stories and concepts behind creating the control center
- “A Conversation with Gary Ross and Elvis Mitchell”
- Propaganda Film (in its entirety)
- Marketing Archive
- “Preparing for The Games: A Director’s Process” (Blu-ray Exclusive)
The press release also notes the Blu-ray edition features the "15 cert cut of the film on the Blu-ray, which was unseen in UK cinemas". This presumably restores the minor cuts made to the film to get a 12A cert for the theatrical release.