Jaws Blu-ray announced
have announced the Blu-ray Disc release of Jaws for 14th August 2012 in the USA and 3rd September 2012 here in the UK. Steven Spielberg's 1975 classic is one of the thirteen films to have been fully restored and digitally re-mastered from the original film elements as part of Universal's 100th Anniversary celebrations.
The JAWS restoration began with researching and evaluating the existing film elements to determine the best means to restore the film. Over the course of several months, skilled technicians at Universal Studios Digital Services meticulously balanced colour, removed dirt and scratches, and repaired any damage to the film elements shot by shot and frame by frame. Following the picture restoration, the Universal Studios Sound team up-mixed the iconic JAWS soundtrack to DTS-HD Master 7.1, optimising the sound on the Blu-ray™ for the latest home cinema technology. The entire restoration process was conducted in conjunction with Steven Spielberg and Amblin Entertainment’s post-production team to ensure the integrity of Spielberg’s original vision remained intact.
- The Shark is Still Working: The Impact & Legacy of JAWS: A feature-length documentary featuring never-before-seen footage and interviews with cast and crew including Steven Spielberg, Richard Dreyfuss and Roy Scheider.
- JAWS: The Restoration: An all-new, in-depth look at the intricate process of restoring the movie.
- The Making of JAWS: A two-hour documentary featuring interviews with key cast and crew.
- From the Set: An insider’s look at life on the set of JAWS, featuring an interview with Steven Spielberg.
- Deleted Scenes & Outtakes
- JAWS Archives: Take a peek inside the JAWS archives, including storyboards, production photos and marketing materials, as well as a special segment on the JAWS phenomenon.
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Ultraviolet, Digital Copy & Pocket BLU App
The US Combo Pack release is available in collectible Universal 100th Anniversary packaging for a limited time. There will also be a R1 DVD release which includes a single extra " Spotlight on Location: The Making of JAWS: Highlights from the full-length documentary featuring interviews with key cast and crew."
The UK release will be available in regular packaging and we also get a limited edition steelbook release.
UK Retail links: Play.com | Amazon
The Blu-ray tech specs are listed as:
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1/DTS Digital Surround 2.0 Mono and Dolby Digital 2.0
Audio: Spanish and French DTS Digital Surround 5.1
Subtitles: English SDH, French and Spanish
Below is the Blu-ray trailer, a restoration video and finally the UK and US packshots...