Game of Thrones Season 1 in March
More on Game of Thrones
HBO have announced the DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of Game of Thrones Season 1 for March 2012. Based on George R.R. Martin's best-selling series A Song of Ice and Fire, the sweeping fantasy saga instantly became one of HBO's biggest hits.
The Season 1 box-set will be available in the UK from 5 March and in the USA from 6 March 2012. Extras are the same on both versions and are outlined below...
DVD and Blu-ray:
- Complete Guide to Westeros - an interactive compendium of the noble houses and lands featured in season one.
- Making Game of Thrones -an exclusive 30-minute feature including never-before-seen footage from the set and interviews from the cast and crew.
- Character Profiles - profiles of 15 major characters as described by the actors portraying them.
- Creating the Show Open - an inside look at the creation of the Emmy®-winning opening title sequence for Game of Thrones.
- From the Book to the Screen - executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss along with author George R.R. Martin talk about the challenges of bringing Martin's epic fantasy novel to life on HBO.
- The Night's Watch - an in-depth look at the unique order of men who patrol and protect the Wall, a 700 foot ice structure that separates the Seven Kingdoms from the darkness beyond.
- Creating the Dothraki Language - an insightful glance into the comprehensive language created for the Dothraki people in Game of Thrones.
- Audio Commentaries - Seven audio commentaries with cast and crew including David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, George R.R. Martin, Emilia Clarke, Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington, Lena Headey, Mark Addy, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Maisie Williams, Sophie Turner, Isaac Hempstead Wright, Bryan Cogman, Harry Lloyd, Daniel Minahan and Alan Taylor.
Additional Blu-ray only Special Features:
- Blu-ray Complete Guide to Westeros - an interactive compendium of the noble houses and lands featured in season one, PLUS 24 exclusive histories of the Seven Kingdoms as told by the characters themselves done with animated illustrations that provide more information on the background of Game of Thrones.
- In-Episode Guide - in-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations, and relevant histories while each episode plays.
- Anatomy of an Episode - an in-episode experience that explores the creative minds and colossal efforts behind episode six, "A Golden Crown."
- Hidden Dragon Eggs - find the hidden dragon eggs to uncover even more never-before-seen content.
UK: DVD | Blu-ray
USA: DVD | Blu-ray
Read the Season 1 review on our TV section.
UK and USA artwork follows...