The Lion King (UK) in November
Disney have announced the UK DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of The Lion King on 7th November 2011. This 1994 animated feature has received the 3D treatment and will be available on Blu-ray 3D alongside regular 2D Blu-ray and DVD releases. Boasting a new transfer and bonus features (including a new set of animated bloopers), the list of extras for the Blu-ray releases is as follows...
- Bloopers & Outtakes
- Interactive Blu-ray Gallery
- Audio Commentary By Co-Directors Roger Allers And Rob Minkoff And Producer Don Hahn
- Backstage Disney: Diamond Edition
- Pride Of The Lion King
- The Lion King: A Memoir - Don Hahn
- Deleted & Alternate Scenes With Introductions by Roger Allers & Rob Minkoff
- Music & More
- Play Movie With Sing-Along Mode
- The Morning Report: Extended Scene
The DVD release is apparently limited to a single featurette - The Lion King: A Memoir - Don Hahn.
Also released is The Lion King Trilogy on both DVD and Blu-ray which includes the original film alongside the made-for-video sequels.
HMV are offering an exclusive LE collector's version (limited to 3000 units) of The Lion King Trilogy which comes in special packaging and throws in soundtrack CDs and additional goodies. Full details over at HMV.
Last updated: 18/04/2018 10:32:11