Cowboys & Aliens (US) in December
Universal Studios Home Entertainment have announced the US DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of Cowboys and Aliens on 6th December 2011. Jon Favreau directs this sci-fi western based on the graphic novel of the same name. Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford star.
The Blu-ray Combo Pack/Triple Play release includes an extended cut of the film, over two hours of extras including several Blu-ray exclusives, a new version of Universal's Second Screen app (see the trailer further down the page for more) and of course a DVD and Digital Copy.
The standard DVD release includes the theatrical cut only and a reduced set of extras.
Features are outlined below...
- Theatrical (119mins) & Extended (135mins) Cuts of the film
- 1080P Widescreen
- English 5.1 DTS-HD MA
- French Canadian & Spanish 5.1 DTS Surround
- English Audio Description Track (Theatrical Cut only)
- English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles
- U-Control Picture in Picture (Theatrical Cut only)
- Universal Second Screen - Interactive viewing experience controlled via a networked tablet or computer, in synchronisation with the movie on the TV screen:
- Flick View: Interact with the movie, move content from the Tablet to the TV screen, and compare storyboards, animatics, and other executing content by “Flicking” them from on their tablet to their TV screen, simply by gesturing their fingers upwards on their tablets.
- Scene Explorer: Viewers select various progressions of the same scene including storyboards, pre-visualizations and behind-the-scenes.
- Behind the Scenes: Viewers get an all access look at the making of the film featuring interviews with cast and crew.
- Storyboards: Viewers will be able to take a closer look at the storyboards created for some of the amazing sequences in the film.
- 3D Models: Viewers can take a look at the aliens and otherworldly gadgets in Cowboys & Aliens by the touch or swipe of their fingers. You can move the models in a 360 degree view, get tech specs and more.
- Igniting the Sky: The Making of Cowboys & Aliens - A comprehensive, behind-the-scenes look at the production that invites viewers on set to meet the filmmakers and cast as they create this one-of-a-kind action film. In revealing conversations, Jon Favreau, Steven Spielberg, Ron Howard and Brian Grazer, as well as stars Harrison Ford, Daniel Craig and Olivia Wilde, share their insights about the movie. Also featured are visual-effects powerhouses Legacy Effects and ILM, which join forces once again to push the technological envelope beyond anything ever seen before on screen. It includes:
- Finding the Story — Cowboys & Aliens, based on the graphic novel by Scott Mitchell Rosenberg, has been in development for over a decade. Filmmakers, writers and cast explain why this particular team of Hollywood heavyweights hit the right note to bring this to the big screen.
- The Scope of the Spectacle —A look at the team behind the camera for the film’s massive New Mexico shoot, as the stars ride horses, shoot guns, jump from explosions, and get yanked 80 feet in the air! Director Jon Favreau stages unforgettable action set-pieces as cameras capture every moment, while legendary stuntman and Cowboys & Aliens’ second unit director Terry Leonard brings a lifetime of experience to the big-screen stunts, from legendary moments in John Wayne classics to doubling for Harrison Ford in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- Outer Space Icon — Take a closer look at the creation of a new, terrifying alien design from Legacy Effects and Industrial Light and Magic.
- A Call to Action — A profile of prolific actor, writer and director Jon Favreau featuring on-set video diaries shot throughout the production.
- Absolution — A look at the practical re-creation of a dusty Old West mining town, the town’s inhabitants and the amazing ensemble of actors who portray them, as well as an exclusive look at the film’s meticulous production and costume designs.
- Conversations with Jon Favreau – Jon Favreau hosts candid interviews with cast and crew, including:
- Daniel Craig
- Harrison Ford
- Olivia Wilde
- Steven Spielberg, Ron Howard and Brian Grazer
- Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci
- Damon Lindelof
- Feature commentary with director Jon Favreau
- Theatrical Cut only
- Anamorphic Widescreen
- English, French Canadian and Spanish DD5.1
- English Audio Description
- English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles
- Finding the Story
- The Scope of the Spectacle
- Feature Commentary with Director Jon Favreau