Planet Earth SE/LE (US) in October
Warner Home Video have announced the US DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of new Special Edition and Limited Edition versions of the BBC series Planet Earth. Arriving on 4th October, the Special Edition DVD ($59.98 SRP) and Blu-ray ($79.98 SRP) offer the following content:
- Producer Commentary on select episodes
- Great Planet Earth Moments – Relive the greatest moments of this revolutionary series and discover how these scenes were captured on film!
- Snow Leopard: Beyond the Myth – The BBC Natural History Unit explores a secret cave deep in the mountains of Pakistan where generations of snow leopards return each year to raise their young.
- Secrets of the Maya Underworld – The freshwater pools that dot Mexico’s Yucatan peninsula were believed by the Mayans to be portals to the underworld. For the first time ever, the BBC Natural History Unit explores this incredible, labyrinthine system of underground rivers.
- Elephant Nomads of the Namib Desert – Follow the struggle for survival of two female elephants trying to raise their young in one of the harshest climates on Earth.
- “Music Only” viewing option
- Special Sneak Peek at Executive Producer Alastair Fothergill’s next blockbuster project: Frozen Planet (TBC)
- Original DVD Special Features now also on Blu-ray:
- 110 minutes of behind the scenes footage – one 10-minute behind the scenes program for each episode
- Planet Earth – The Future – This 3-part series looks at what the future may hold for endangered animals, habitats and – ultimately –ourselves. Following the environmental issues raised by Planet Earth, it asks why so many species are threatened and how they can be protected in future.
The Limited Edition DVD ($79.98 SRP) and Blu-ray ($99.98 SRP) sets offer the same disc content in a numbered collector’s edition globe package that also includes 4 exclusive art cards.
The Blu-ray presentation is listed as 1080i.