The Bridge on the River Kwai (UK BD) in June
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment have announced the UK Blu-ray Disc release of The Bridge on the River Kwai on 6th June 2011. When British POWs build a vital railway bridge in enemy-occupied Burma, Allied commandos are assigned to destroy it in David Lean's epic World War II adventure starring William Holden, Alec Guinness, Jack Hawkins and Sessue Hayakawa.
Following an extensive 4k restoration from the original negative, the UK Blu-ray release offers the same basic features as the US release from November, including a new transfer, newly remastered 5.1 audio, and some new extra features.
Coded for all regions (A, B and C), features include:
- 1080P 2.55:1 Widescreen
- English, Spanish (Castilian) & Italian 5.1 DTS-HD MA
- Subtitles: English*, English HOH, Danish, Finnish, Hindi, Italian*, Norwegian, Portuguese (Portugal), Spanish (Castilian)*, Swedish (*also on extras
- NEW - William Holden and Alec Guinness on The Steve Allen Show
- NEW - The Bridge on the River Kwai Premiere, Narrated by William Holden
- NEW - Crossing the Bridge: Picture-in-Graphics Track: Includes information on the progression of the bridge’s construction, the challenges of creating a bridge in the jungle during wartime, the real POW experience, and a book to screen comparison.
- NEW - Original Trailers
- Four Featurettes
- Making of The Bridge on the River Kwai
- USC short film introduced by William Holden
- “An Appreciation” by Filmmaker John Milius
- “Rise and Fall of a Jungle Giant”
- Photo Gallery
Last updated: 18/04/2018 12:33:45