The Twilight Zone: The Original Series S1 (UK) in April
Shock Entertainment have announced the UK DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of The Twilight Zone: The Original Series – Season 1 on 18th April 2011. Created by Rod Serling, the iconic TV series is coming to the UK in its entirety starting with Season 1 in April.
The DVD (£34.99 RRP) has been digitally remastered and comes packed with extras including audio commentaries, vintage recollections from cast members, Rod Serling’s Network Pitch and original unaired pilots.
Presented for the first time in the UK, the Blu-ray edition (£49.99 RRP) is in pristine high-definition, digitally remastered from new 1080p film transfers using the original camera negatives and magnetic soundtracks. As well as all the features on the DVDeditions, the Blu-ray editions will also include a host of extras, available for the first time in the UK. Season 1 alone includes an unofficial pilot written by Rod Serling, 19 new audio commentaries, 18 radio dramas, 34 isolated music scores, and much more.
Here’s the full list of extras…
Special Features (DVD and Blu-ray)
- Audio commentaries by Earl Holliman, Martin Landau, Rod Taylor, Martin Milner, Kevin McCarthy, Ted Post and William Self.
- Vintage audio recollections with Burgess Meredith, Douglas Heyes, Richard L. Bare, Buck Houghton, Anne Francis and Richard Matheson.
- Rod Serling audio lectures from Sherwood Oaks College.
- Rod Serling promos for Next Week’s Show.
- Isolated music scores featuring the legendary Bernard Herrmann, Jerry Goldsmith and others.
- Original unaired pilot version of “Where Is Everybody?” with Rod Serling’s network pitch.
- Footage of the Emmy Award wins for the series.
- Liar’s Club Show. A segment of the popular 1970s games show hosted by Rod Serling.
- Rod Serling blooper.
- Original Twilight Zone billboards.
- Photo gallery.
- The Twilight Zone Comic Book (pdf format). An issue of the popular comic from 1963.
Special Features (Blu-ray only)
- 19 new audio commentaries, featuring The Twilight Zone Companion author Marc Scott Zicree, author and historian Gary Gerani (Fantastic Television), author and music historian Steven C. Smith (A Heart At Fire’s Center: The Life And Music Of Bernard Herrman), music historians John Morgan and William T. Stromberg, writer/producer David Simkins (Lois & Clark; Dark Angel), writer Mark Fergus (Children Of Men; Iron Man), actor William Reynolds and director Ted Post.
- Extremely rare, never-before-released unofficial Twilight Zone pilot, “The Time Element”, written by Rod Serling and hosted by Desi Arnaz.
- Interviews with actors Dana Dilaway, Suzanne Lloyd, Beverly Garland and Ron Masak.
- “Tales of Tomorrow” episode, “What You Need”.
- Vintage audio interview with director of photography George T. Clemens.
- 1977 syndication promos for “A Stop At Willoughby” and “The After Hours”.
- 18 radio dramas.
Season Two will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on 23rd May, Season Three on 27th June, Season Four on 8th August and Season Five on 19th September 2011. Complete boxed sets of the original series and the 1980s series will be released on DVD only on 31st October 2011.
Last updated: 18/04/2018 13:12:48