Taxi Driver 35th AE (US BD) in April
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment have announced the US Blu-ray Disc release of Taxi Driver 35th Anniversary Edition on 5th April 2011. Martin Scorsese’s classic film starring Robert De Niro, Jodie Foster, Harvey Keitel and Cybill Shepherd has been newly remastered following an extensive 4K digital restoration from the original camera negative, approved by cinematographer Michael Chapman and director Martin Scorsese. The film arrives on Blu-ray packed with bonus material, including an all-new interactive “Script to Screen” feature, MovieIQ+Sync, and Martin Scorsese’s original 1986 commentary with Paul Schrader, as well as documentaries and animated photo galleries.
SRP is $24.95. The full list of features is as follows…
- 1080P 1.85:1 Widescreen
- English, French (Parisian) and Portuguese (Brazil) 5.1 DTS-HD MA
- Spanish (Latin Am) DD5.1
- Subtitles: English, English SDH, French (Parisian), Spanish (Latin Am)*, Portuguese (Brazil)*, Chinese (Mandarin Traditional)*, Korean*, Thai* (*also on extras)
- Interactive “Script to Screen” feature, exclusive to Blu-ray. Explore the Taxi Driver script like never before in this interactive experience. The script will automatically scroll as the film plays so you can read along and discover the stage direction notes along with differences from the original script to the finished film.
- Original 1986 Commentary with Director Martin Scorsese and Writer Paul Schrader recorded by The Criterion Collection
- “Martin Scorsese on Taxi Driver” featurette
- “Producing Taxi Driver,” a behind-the-scenes featurette
- “Influence and Appreciation” – Robert De Niro, Oliver Stone, Roger Corman and others pay tribute to Scorsese and the film in this video homage
- “God’s Lonely Man” – a documentary featuring screenwriter Paul Schrader and Professor Robert Kolker discussing the loneliness themes as seen in the film. Schrader also talks about what circumstances lead to writing the screenplay
- “Travis’ New York Locations” – a contemporary, video visit to the film’s famous locations in New York City, comparing them to the same locations used in 1975
- Video bonus: “Storyboard to Film Comparisons,” with a Martin Scorsese Introduction
- Commentaries by writer Paul Schrader and professor Robert Kolker, discussing the film scene-by-scene
- “Taxi Driver Stories” featurette—taxi tales as told by real life New York city cab drivers
- “Making Of Taxi Driver” Documentary
- Animated Photo Galleries that include photo montages featuring the film’s music score, location shots taken during filming and Martin Scorsese at work
The Blu-ray is coded for all regions and extras are presented in a mix of SD and HD.
Last updated: 18/04/2018 13:18:38