A Clockwork Orange 40th AE / Kubrick Collection (US) in May
Warner Home Video have announced the US Blu-ray Disc release of A Clockwork Orange: 40th Anniversary Edition and a 9-film Stanley Kubrick: Limited Edition Collection on 31st May 2011.
A Clockwork Orange 40th Anniversary Edition on Blu-ray ($34.99 SRP) is a two-disc release that includes new and old extras packaged in a 40-page Blu-ray Book with rare photos, production notes and more. Featuress are outlined below…
- Feature Film
- (New): Malcolm McDowell Looks Back: Malcolm McDowell reflects on his experience working with legendary director Stanley Kubrick on one of the seminal films of the 1970s
- (New) Turning like Clockwork Considers the Film’s Ultra-violence and its Cultural Impact
- Commentary by Malcolm McDowell and historian Nick Redman
- Documentary Still Tickin’: The Return of Clockwork Orange
- Great Bolshy Yarblockos!: Making A Clockwork Orange
- Theatrical Trailer
- Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures (Produced and directed by Jan Harlan the brother of Christiane Kubrick, Stanley Kubrick's widow). Kubrick’s career comes into sharp focus in this compelling documentary narrated by Tom Cruise. Fascinating footage glimpses Kubrick in his early years, at work on film sets and at home, augmented by candid commentary from collaborators, colleagues and family.
- O Lucky Malcolm! Documentary about the life and career of actor Malcolm McDowell produced and directed by Jan Harlan.
Stanley Kubrick: Limited Edition Collection on Blu-ray ($148.95 SRP) is a 9-film, 10-disc collection, which contains every film the director made since 1960. The collection features the film and bonus content from A Clockwork Orange 40thAnniversary Edition, the Blu-ray debuts of Lolita and Barry Lyndon, as well as the feature films Spartacus, Dr. Strangelove, 2001: A Space Odyssey, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket, and Eyes Wide Shut. The Blu-ray collection will be elegantly boxed in new book-style premium packaging and will include a 40-page hard-cover book that explores the breadth of genres and themes in Kubrick’s work. The same group of films will be available on DVD in Stanley Kubrick: The Essential Collection ($74.92 SRP), which includes a 40-page soft-cover book.
The Blu-ray debuts of Lolita and Barry Lyndon in this 9-film collection have no listed extras. Spartacus and Dr. Strangelove will presumably be the discs already available from Universal and Sony respectively, while the rest of the titles are already available from Warner (details on those here).
Last updated: 18/04/2018 13:18:43