Robin Hood (R1/US BD) in September
Universal Studios Home Entertainment have announced the US DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of Robin Hood on 21st September 2010. Russell Crowe reunites with director Ridley Scott to reveal the untold story of a common archer’s rise to become a hero.
Available on 1-Disc DVD, 2-Disc SE DVD and 3-Disc Blu-ray Combo (includes BD, DVD & Digital Copy), all editions include the original theatrical cut (141mins) and the unrated director’s cut (156mins). Extras are outlined below…
Blu-ray Exclusive Extras
- Director’s Notebook - A seamless multimedia experience focusing on the director’s vision gives viewers a peek inside Oscar nominee Ridley Scott’s unique filmmaking process. Incorporating behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Scott and his trusted inner circle of collaborators, this feature launches at critical moments throughout the film to illuminate the task of mounting a vast production like Robin Hood.
- The Art of Nottingham - A special look at the portfolio of designs generated for the film, including video introductions by key department heads such as production designer Arthur Max and costume designer Janty Yates. Galleries of concept art, costume designs, storyboards and other imagery are featured.
- BD-Live, pocketBLU, uHear and Interactive Ticker
Extras on Blu-ray & 2-Disc SE DVD
- Deleted Scenes with introduction and commentary by editor Pietro Scalia
- Rise and Rise Again: Making Ridley Scott’s Robin Hood
- Ballad, Legend & Myth: Pre-Production - See how the filmmakers and actors, including Ridley Scott, Brian Grazer and Russell Crowe, tackled the challenge of breathing new life into the longest surviving character in the English language, Robin Hood.
- The More the Merrier: Production - A stellar cast led by Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett descended on England to shoot this massive epic under the direction of Ridley Scott. With an unparalleled passion for detail, Scott oversees all of the production design, costuming, weaponry and action sequences in the film.
- No Quarter Given: Post Production - Sifting through a million feet of shot film, Ridley Scott and editor Pietro Scalia perfect the screen story and work with the post-production team to add layers of sound design, visual effects and Marc Streitenfeld’s beautiful score.
- Digital Copy of the Unrated Director’s Cut version of the film
DVD: 2.40:1 Anamorphic Widescreen; English, French & Spanish DD5.1; English DVS DD2.0; English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles
Blu-ray: 1080P 2.40:1 Widescreen; English 5.1 DTS-HD MA; French & Spanish 5.1 DTS; English DVS DD2.0; English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles
Last updated: 06/06/2018 08:49:33