Space 1999 & Robin of Sherwood (UK BD) in November
Network DVD have announced the UK Blu-ray Disc release of two ITV shows this November. Space 1999 The Complete First Series will be available on 1st November 2010 and is followed by Robin or Sherwood: Michael Praed on 15th November 2010.
Both shows have been digitally restored in High Definition from the best available elements, and are presented in their original 4:3 aspect ratio at a quality level never previously seen.
Space 1999 The Complete First Series is the cult Gerry Anderson live action sci-fi series. It will be available to own as an 7-disc set on 1st November 2010, RRP £79.99. Included are all 24 hour-long episodes alongside a wealth of special features including:
- Digitally restored from new High Definition transfers
- The only Blu-ray version anywhere in the universe to contain English subtitles
- Newly remixed Dolby 5:1 tracks
- Original 'as broadcast' mono track
- Music-only tracks on all episodes except Breakaway
- Restoration of Metamorph from Series 2 exclusive to this Blu-ray edition
- Gerry Anderson commentary on Dragon's Domain
- Alien Attack - trailer
- Journey Through the Black Sun - trailer
- Series One textless generic titles
- Barry Gray's theme demo
- Alternative opening and closing titles
- Martin Landau and Barbara Bain US Premier intro and outro
- SFX plates and deleted SFX scenes - with music track
- 'Concept and Creation' featurette starring Gerry Anderson, Christopher Penfold and Barry Morse, Christopher Penfold, Brian Johnson and Keith Wilson
- Special effects and design featurette
- "These Episodes" featurettes (selected individual episode analysis) These Episodes" featurettes. Selected individual episode analysis featuring Gerry Anderson, Johnny Byrne, Christopher Penfold, David Lane and Zienia Merton
- Text episode commentaries on 'The Last Sunset' and ''Space Brain'
- "Clapperboard" two-part special on the work of Gerry Anderson from 1975
- "Guardian of Piri Remembered" Catherine Schell remembers her time working on the series one episode Guardian of Piri.
One of the most acclaimed fantasy drams of the eighties, Robin of Sherwood: Michael Praed will be released on 15th November as a 5-disc set, RRP £49.99. The DVD is also being repackaged and available on the same day in an 8-disc set, RRP £49.99. Written by Richard Carpenter and widely regarded as the definitive interpretation of the Robin Hood legend, Michael Praed stars as Robin of Loxley in a re-telling of the classic myth.
This release consists of the first two series in a single set and also contains numerous special features as outlined below:
- The Making of Robin of Sherwood - exclusive documentary
- Enhanced Dolby Surround track
- Original mono track
- Music only tracks for Series Two
- Commentary with Richard Carpenter and Ian Sharp on Robin Hood and the Sorcerer and The King's Fool
- Commentary with Robert Young and Paul Knight on The Swords of Wayland
- The Electric Theatre Show documentary from 1983 and unseen footage (HD)
- Series out-takes
- PDF material including Richard Carpenter's original treatment
- Extensive stills gallery (HD)
- Textless, French and US titles