Metropolis (Reconstructed & Restored) in November
Eureka Entertainment have announced the UK DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of Fritz Lang’s Metropolis (Reconstructed & Restored) as part of their Masters of Cinema Series on 22nd November 2010. A "Holy Grail" among film finds, Metropolis is presented here in a newly reconstructed and restored version, as lavish and spectacular as ever thanks to the painstaking archival work of the Friedrich-Wilhelm-Murnau-Stiftung and the discovery of 25 minutes of footage previously thought lost to the world. Lang's enduring epic can finally be seen – for the first time in 83 years – as the director originally intended, and as seen by German cinema-goers in 1927.
- 150-minute reconstructed and restored 2010 version (including 25 minutes of footage previously thought lost to the world)
- Separate DVD and BD editions with wraparound embossed sleeve, or Ltd Ed Steelbook Dual Format edition
- Pristine new HD transfer (1080p on Blu-ray)
- New 2010 symphony orchestra studio recording of the original 1927 Gottfried Huppertz score in 5.1
- Newly translated optional English subtitles as well as the original German intertitles
- Full-length audio commentary by David Kalat and Jonathan Rosenbaum
- Die Reise nach Metropolis (2010, 53 minutes), a documentary about the film
- 2010 re-release trailer
- 56-page booklet featuring archival interviews with Fritz Lang, a 1927 review by Luis Buñuel, articles by Jonathan Rosenbaum and Karen Naundorf, and restoration notes by Martin Koerber
- And more!
RRP is £22.99 for the DVD, £24.99 for the Blu-ray, and £29.99 for the Dual Format Steelbook.
Visit the Official Website.
We've got links for the DVD and Blu-ray versions on the left of the page, here is the Pricedevil comparison link for the Dual Format Steelbook edition.
Last updated: 09/06/2018 09:47:55