9 (R2/UK BD) in February - LE Artwork added
Universal Pictures have sent over artwork for the UK Region 2 DVD release of 9 which is expected to arrive on DVD and Blu-ray on 22nd February 2010. Produced by Tim Burton and Timur Bekmambetov, this computer animated adventure from director Shane Acker features the voice talents of Elijah Wood, John C. Reilly, Jennifer Connelly and Crispin Glover. In the final days of humanity, a dedicated scientist gives the spark of life to nine of his creations. The world has turned into an unrecognizable landscape of machines and spare parts, but this group of nine finds that if they band together, their small community might just be able to change the course of history.
- 1080P 1.85:1 Widescreen
- English 5.1 DTS-HD MA
- French (Canadian) and Spanish (Latin Am) 5.1 DTS
- English SDH, French (Canadian) and Spanish (Latin Am) subtitles
- U Control - Picture in Picture
- 9 - The Long and the Short of It
- On Tour with Shane Acker
- The Look of 9
- Acting Out
- 9 - The Original Short with commentary
- Feature Commentary with Writer/Director Shane Acker, Animation Director Joe Ksander, Head of Story Ryan O'Loughlin and Editor Nick Kenway
Extras have a running time of 58mins and are presented in a mix of SD and HD. The U-Control PIP track listed on the US release is not listed here, but considering the audio options this looks to be a US disc in UK packaging so we wouldn’t be surprised to see it on there. For now it’s considered TBC.
DVD extras are TBC.
Alongside the standard DVD and Blu-ray Disc there is also a Limited Edition Blu-ray release which retailers suggest will include a 60-page hardback book.
Last updated: 18/04/2018 17:38:00