There’s Always Tomorrow (MOC) in February
Eureka Entertainment have announced the UK DVD release of Douglas Sirk’s There’s Always Tomorrow as part of their Masters of Cinema Series on 22nd February 2010 priced at £17.99 RRP. Between his twin masterpieces All That Heaven Allows and Written on the Wind, Douglas Sirk created this study of male crisis, both a glittering testament to love’s labours lost and his most unforgiving vision of suburban conformity.
Disregarded and neglected by his family, executive toy manufacturer Clifford Groves (Fred MacMurray) is unexpectedly reunited with his former co-worker Norma Miller (Barbara Stanwyck). As the old friends catch up on lost time, his children's suspicions and hostility to the new relationship threaten to push their father away permanently and throw into disarray the lives of all concerned.
Features on this new special edition include:
- Beautiful high-definition anamorphic transfer
- Days with Sirk, a 61-minute documentary from 2008 featuring rare interview footage with Sirk shot in 1982
- Original theatrical trailer
- New optional English subtitles (SDH) for the hearing impaired
- Original dialogue and continuity script (in PDF form)
- Booklet featuring an essay by Andrew Klevans, excerpts from a 1977 interview with Sirk and rare production stills
Last updated: 18/04/2018 17:49:50