The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (UK BD) in November
Second Sight have announced the UK Blu-ray Disc release of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre ‘Seriously Ultimate Edition’ on 16th November 2009 priced at £19.99 RRP. Tobe Hooper’s horror classic tells the story of a group of friends who take a road trip and find themselves at the mercy of a depraved cannibalistic Texas clan.
Just over one year on from the ‘Seriously Ultimate Edition’ DVD release, Second Sight are bringing the same content to Blu-ray Disc which boasts a wealth of features, documentaries and interviews, while the main feature is remastered in HD from the 16mm ECO camera originals and features 5.1 DTS, 2.0 PCM and restored original mono audio tracks.
- Commentary with director Tobe Hooper , cinematographer Daniel Pearl and ‘Leatherface’ himself Gunnar Hansen
- Commentary with actors Marilyn Burns, Paul A. Partain, Allen Danziger and art director Robert A. Burns
- ’Off the Hook’ – an interview with Teri McMinn (17mins)
- ’The Business of Chain Saw’ interview with Production Manager Ron Bozman (16:25mins)
- ’The Shocking Truth’ documentary (72:48mins)
- A tour of the TSCM house with Gunnar Hansen (8:02mins)
- ’Flesh Wounds’ documentary (71:38mins)
- Interview with director Tobe Hooper (13:46mins)
- Interview with writer Kim Henkel (8:25mins)
- Additional footage, outtakes and deleted scenes (27:44mins)
Running times are taken from last year’s DVD release. Additional extras from the DVD set not listed for Blu-ray include:
- ’The Shocking Truth’ Outtakes
- Trailers, TV and radio spots (6:02mins)
- Posters, lobby cards and stills gallery
- Dr. W.E. Barnes Presents 'Making Grandpa' (Stills)
We’ll try and confirm if these are included.