Forrest Gump (US BD) in November
Paramount Home Entertainment have announced the US Blu-ray Disc release of Forrest Gump on 3rd November 2009. Tom Hanks stars in this award-winning film directed by Robert Zemeckis which is released on Blu-ray as part of Paramount’s Sapphire Series.
The 2-Disc Blu-ray features the film presented in 1080p High Definition with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Digital and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital along with English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese subtitles.
New special features are as follows:
- Greenbow Diary— This piece is constructed in the style of a classic verité documentary, allowing the viewer to experience what it was like on the set at the incredible shooting locations in the American South.
- The Art of Screenplay Adaptation—This segment dissects the process of adaptation and features new interviews with author Winston Groom, screenwriter Eric Roth and producers Wendy Finerman and Steve Starkey.
- Getting Past Impossible: Forrest Gump and the Visual Effects Revolution—This featurette celebrates the technical achievements of the film with a look at some of the “invisible” effects that served the narrative and interviews with VFX experts Ken Ralston and Doug Chiang.
- Little Forrest—This segment explores the development of the character
Forrest Gump from Tom Hanks’ research into regional dialects to his meeting with the actor who would play young Forrest, whose natural voice helped inspire Hanks’ characterization.
- An Evening with Forrest Gump— On April 3, 2009, Robert Zemeckis, Tom Hanks, Gary Sinise and Eric Roth gathered at the USC School of Cinema for a screening of the film followed by a panel and Q&A for film students. The lively, uncensored reunion was captured in HD.
- Musical Signposts to History—This branching feature includes an introduction by renowned music journalist Ben Fong-Torres and 44 pods throughout the film allowing viewers to access video content that illuminates the iconic songs that helped set the stage for the film’s various time periods.
Previously released material includes:
- Commentary with Robert Zemeckis, Steve Starkey and Rick Carter
- Commentary by Wendy Finerman
- The Magic of Make-Up
- Through the Ears of Forrest Gump—Sound Design
- Building the World of Gump—Production Design
- Seeing is Believing—The Visual Effects of Forrest Gump
- Screen Tests
A Forrest Gump “Box of Chocolates” gift set will also be available on either DVD or Blu-ray. The DVD gift set includes a two-disc presentation and the Blu-ray gift set includes the two-disc Sapphire Series presentation. Both gift sets come packaged in a “chocolate box” with chocolate scent, a commemorative booklet and a replica “Forrest Gump” feather bookmark.
Here is the Chocolate Box gift set...
And the DVD version...
Last updated: 13/07/2018 14:03:18