Paul Blart: Mall Cop (R1/US BD) in May
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
have announced the US DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of Paul Blart: Mall Cop on 19th May 2009. Kevin James stars as the title character, a single, suburban dad, trying to make ends meet as a security officer at a New Jersey mall. Though no one else takes his job seriously, Paul considers himself on the front lines of safety. When a heist shuts down the megaplex, Jersey's most formidable mall cop will have to become a real cop to save the day.
Priced at $28.96 SRP on DVD and $38.96 SRP on Blu-ray Disc, features are outlined below...
- 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
- English and French DD5.1 Surround
- English and French subtitles
- Deleted Scenes
- “Fun on Set” – Fun, wacky moments on-set including hilarious outtakes
- Commentary with Kevin James and Producer Todd Garner
- “Kevin James: Not Your Average Mall Cop” – A look at Kevin James and his many roles as actor, producer and co-writer
- “Stunts” – Stunts in the film
- “The Mall” – Experience of shooting in a shopping mall
- “On Set with Mike ‘Rooftop’ Escamilla” – Behind-the-scenes footage from a pro BMX biker
- “Action Sports Junkies” – A look at the film’s extreme sports actors
- “Mall Cop Response” – A mall security guard takes on a pro skater
- “Mike V. vs. Mall Cop” – A pro skater takes on mall security while spray painting the mall
- “Free Running vs. Parkour” – A look at the extreme sports of parkour and free running
- “Thoughts with Kevin James” – Kevin James gives his random thoughts on malls, moustaches and how to become a mall cop
- “Sugar” – Follow a free runner through the mall as he races to get Kevin James sugar for his coffee
- Coded for all regions (A, B and C), the Blu-ray includes all of the extras from the DVD release in a mixture of SD and HD. Features include:
- 1080P 1.85:1 Widescreen
- English and French 5.1 Dolby TrueHD
- Portuguese and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital
- Subtitles (Main Feature): English, English SDH, French, Spanish, Portuguese
- Subtitles (Extra Features): Portuguese, Spanish
- BD Exclusives: Cinechat & Digital Copy
- All of the DVD extras listed above
It's also worth noting that Sony will begin introducing eco-friendly packaging with this release. A quote from the press release...
The release also marks SPHE’s introduction of an eco-friendly ultralight DVD case on single-disc DVDs. The new packaging is designed to use approximately 20 percent less plastic than a standard-weight DVD case and reduce the DVD case carbon footprint by 20 percent. SPHE is launching the new packaging domestically with the release of Paul Blart: Mall Cop, and will continue to roll out the eco-friendly initiatives on a global level.
The Blu-ray Disc sleeve also sports the new logo/icon on the back cover indicating it also uses this new eco-friendly design.