The Express (R2/UK BD) in March
Universal Pictures have announced the UK DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of The Express on 30th March 2009. Rob Brown and Dennis Quaid star in this film based on the inspirational life of college football hero Ernie Davis (Brown), the first African-American to win the Heisman Trophy.
The DVD release is barebones. The Blu-ray Disc release is identical the US offering, so carries several ‘exclusives’ in the way of extras.
Blu-ray Disc features include:
- 1080P 2.40:1 Widescreen
- English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
- Spanish 5.1 DTS Surround
- English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles
- BD Live: My Scenes Sharing
- Commentary with director Gary Fleder
- Deleted Scenes with optional commentary by director Gary Fleder
- Making of The Express (14mins) - Director Gary Fleder, 2nd Unit Director Alan Graf, Production Designer Nelson Coates Cinematographer Kramer Morganthau along with cast Dennis Quaid, Rob Brown and Charles Dutton discuss how they created the look of this film set in 1959.
- Making History: The Storie of Ernie Davis (13mins) - Director Gary Fleder, actors Rob Brown, Charles Dutton, and football hall of fame legend Jim Brown discuss the impact of Ernie Davis’s life on and off the field during the civil rights movement in the late 1950’s.
- Inside the Playbook: Shooting the Football Games - Through graphics and audio commentary, Director Gary Fleder and 2nd Unit Director Alan Graf will break down three plays from the film from a variety of different angles that they shot to show the progression from start to finished film.
- From Hollywood to Syracuse: The Legacy of Ernie Davis
- 50th Anniversary of the 1959 Syracuse National Championship (16mins): Utilizing rare archival footage and through interviews with players, coaches and fans, discover how Ernie Davis and his team won Syracuse University with their only football national championship in 1959.
Last updated: 17/05/2018 03:53:43