The Da Vinci Code (US BD) in April - Art/Specs Updated
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
have announced the US Blu-ray Disc release of The Da Vinci Code on 28th April 2009 priced at $38.96 SRP. Tom Hanks, Audrey Tautou, Sir Ian McKellen, Alfred Molina and Jean Reno star in this adaptation of Dan Brown's international bestseller.
Timed to the theatrical release of Angels & Demons, the Blu-ray Disc release of The Da Vinci Code features the 174-minute extended cut (that was released on DVD in parts of Europe, Asia and in Australia, but not in the UK or USA). You also get new extras alongside all of the bonus content found on the original DVD release. Strangely, what with the new extras and extended cut not having previously been released in the USA, there is no DVD release planned.
A 2-disc set, features include...
- 1080P 2.40:1 Widescreen
- English and French 5.1 Dolby TrueHD
- English, English SDH and French subtitles (Main Feature only)
- BD-Live: Cinechat - In-movie chat feature allows you to create “virtual” viewing parties and chat with your friends through your internet-connected Blu-ray player
- $10 e-Movie Cash for Angels and Demons, accessed instantly via BD-Live (also available by mail for those without BD-Live)
- Exclusive First Look at Angels & Demons, introduced by Ron Howard, featuring five minutes of footage from the film that can only be seen on The Da Vinci Code: Extended Cut Blu-ray Disc
- Unlocking the Code: This interactive picture-in-picture (I-PIP) feature will let you discover even more about The Da Vinci Code as you are enjoying the film. Once inside Unlocking the Code, keep an eye on the symbols that appear across the top of the screen. Each gives you direct access to trivia and behind the scenes footage that you can unlock with a click of your remote. When a symbol illuminates, just select it and hit enter to play. The footage, facts or images you've selected will appear on screen as you continue to watch the film. I-PiP streams include:
- Interviews: Hear from filmmakers and the cast.
- B-roll: Observe the action behind the scenes.
- Prop Talk: Learn how props were made.
- Storyboards: See the shots before the cameras rolled.
- Photos: Behind the scenes snapshots.
- Location Trivia: Fun facts about the different locations in the film.
- Langdon’s Journey: Keep track of Langdon’s every move.
- Symbols & Codes: discover hidden symbols put in place by filmmakers, including the enlightening Alchemic Journeys of our two heroes.
- New Commentary on Selected Scenes with Ron Howard
- Featurettes (Old):
- First Day on the Set with Ron Howard
- A Discussion With Dan Brown
- A Portrait of Langdon
- Who is Sophie Neveu?
- Unusual Suspects
- Magical Places
- Close-up on Mona Lisa
- The Filmmakers' Journey
- The Codes of The Da Vinci Code
- The Music of The Da Vinci Code
- Featurettes (NEW):
- Book to Screen
- The Da Vinci Props
- The Da Vinci Sets
- Re-creating Works of Art
- The Visual Effects World of The Da Vinci Code
- Scoring The Da Vinci Code
There is no region coding information on the sleeve. Extras are in a mix of standard and high definition.